𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 7

It was obvious that ishan wasn't a fan of his father.

Ashi felt ishan tense in his seat the minute adarsh stepped in his seat in the front of the table.

Ishan was an exact copy of his father looks wise with just streaks of silver in his hair that were perfectly styled. He came down all dressed up for breakfast.

Ishan got up to greet his father and ashi followed. They touch his feet but he didn't look at them but still kept his hand over ashi's head.

When they got back, they dug in their breakfast fast with an uncomfortable silence throughout the table.

"Serve him. King finally decided to come back after ten years. Don't feed this servant" His father started speaking all of a sudden when seema tried putting some of the rice in his plate.he tanuts Motioning towards ishan and himself, bringing everyone's attention to him.

Ashi listened to him speak about ishan and didn't feel good about it.

"I wouldn't have returned it it weren't for maa" Ishan spoke, his gaze fixed in his plate with his fists clenched under the table.

Ashi noticed it and it took everything inside her to not reach out and open his fists that were turning white from the force.

"Yeah.. I know you're too busy playing the watchman there. You're ready to lick someone else's feet but not ready to work under your own father. I feel so ashamed to even own you" Adarsh passed a disgusted look at his son who was still not watching him.

Everyone were watching them interact without blinking and ashi's heart hammered inside her heart and she couldn't control herself and reached out to hold ishan's hand.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, sir but you have the wrong idea about his work. Ishan is highly respected in the entire NewYork and he not only owns multiple businesses he runs them single handedly without anyone's help. If anything, you should be immensely proud of him" Ashi chirped in between standing up for her fiancee.

Isha, seema and rishab's eyes gleamed with pride for ashi since they couldn't open their mouths in front of adarsh but she did. They were happy that ishan finally got someone who would stand up for him.

Ishan's neck snapped towards ashi in the moment and he looked at her in a expression what looked like surprised.

"Mind your business, girl. I don't hold anything against you so you better keep your mouth shut. I see your parents didn't teach you anything!" He scowled at her and the words crawled under skin at the mention of her parents. It made her feel like throwing up.

But she gave him a sweet smile that no one dared to give.

"If standing up for the people you love is considered mannerless. Then Mr. Mehra you can call me Ill mannered all you want. It's usually said that beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder"

Ishan's lips twitched , threatening to break into a smile when he heared that. No one talked to adarsh like that and yet ishan finally brought someone who could give his shit back to him.

"Watch your mouth, girl or else-

"Stop it. Don't ever speak to ashi like that. " Seema's interruption completely caught everyone off guard.

Their eyes flicked towards her her who was glaring at her husband. For talking to her daughter in law like that.

Smiling at her, ashi concentrated on her chole bhature again. Her hand never left ishans the whole time.

Everyone minded their own business and in between ishan opened his fist closing his palm. Around ashi's four fingers which stayed on his thigh.

His thumb grazed over the ring in her finger. The ring that he made her wear it.