𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 22

"How are my dearest sister in law? " Kabir grinned putting his hand in front of ashi.

Ashi saw him very often in ishan's office. He visited him so much that everyone in their office almost thought they were blood related but they were not.

Very often when ishan went out of town for work, Kabir stepped up to show up on his place and ishan did the same for him. They would never accept it but they are more than brothers to each other.

"I'm good, Kabir. How are you? " She put her hand in his giving it a small squeeze making ishan burn with jealousy beside ashi.

"She is already on the first name basis with me, ishan. You bagged a good one" Kabir cocked his signature smile to the couple who were almost on the verge of slapping him because they were nervous as shit.

"Shut the fuck up, Kabir. And stop talking to my wife" Ishan pinned him with a hard stare making kabir's eyebrows go up in shock.

Ishan had girlfriends before but he didn't defend them like this nor got jealous because of someone talking to her or touching her, but when it came to ashi, he felt so many new emotions he wasn't aware he had in him.

"Woah there.. Calm down" Kabir threw his hands up in air Motioning his surrender and checked the cameras of the building they were currently in to see if ishan's partener arrived or not. He didn't.

Ashi shook her head and saw ishan who was rubbing his ring in his finger raw. He rubbed it so hard that the skin around it became red indicating his anxiety.

Without thinking too much about it, she leaned forward and grabbed his hand and dropped him from rubbing it more. She took out the ring from his right hand and wore it in her thumb and looked at him finally.

"I don't know if you'd like it but, don't stress out too much okay? I'm here with you" She whispered softly scooting closer to him and intertwining her hand with his.

Sparks burst on their skin and goosebumps break on ishan's body. He never felt this ever before. He looked into her brown eyes and only saw genuine concern for him.

"I'd like it very much. Thank you, ashi" He finally spoke in a husky growl and squeezed her hand back, giving her a tight lipped smile.

Kabir saw it. He heard and saw why was ishan so ready to marry ashi. To leave them alone, he got up and straightened his coat before looking at his best friend.

"Bye, dost. I'm leaving. Call me if you need any technical help"

They shook hands and watched as he left.

And just in that moment, amit enters the lounge and sat opposite to them.

"Changed the headquarters of your company and didn't even let me know, ishan? " Amit let out a fake laugh making wrinkles on his face even more evident.

"Yeah.. I did. Since you started taking my dad's advice for our partnership, I thought it would be nice if our meetings are held in the same office. " Ishan snapped at him and saw him tense Visibily.

"What.. What do you mean? I don't talk to adarsh about us! " Amit's tone was giving the answer he was lying making ishan face break into a smirk.

Ashi was just sitting there watching amit with disgust on her face. Her hand was still wrapped around ishan's hand as she rubbed her thumb back and forth on the side of his thumb.

"You think you'll do shit behind my back and i won't have an idea about it? " Ishan's voice was getting angrier now.

Ashi flinched beside him.

"Ishan.. Listen to me, son... I didn't mean to-

Ishan silenced him by raising his hand.

" Here's what we're going to do. From now, if you are going to have a partnership with adarsh group of companies, we will no longer be associated with each other. You are wise enough to know who is better. Me Or my father. "

Ishan slapped the files which held the new regulations of his company on the glass table in front of them and got up and ashi followed him.

"You have 5 hours from now to answer me, Mr. Saxena. Reach out my manager." With that being said, he walked out of the lounge with ashi hurrying behind him.

"Hey, hey! " Ashi called out the moment they were out.

"Relax.its over now. You are breathing so heavily! " She rubbed a hand on his back making him look at her.

"Fuck! " He slammed his fist in the steering wheel once he settled in the car.

Ashi flinched at the sudden outburst and looked at him with her eyes wide open.

"Ishan" She whispered softly making him look at her. His hands were shaking and his breaths were short he was running out of oxygen so ashi pressed the button on ishan's personalized audi making the widows go down.

There was nothing but concern and pity in ashi's eyes. Ishan didn't like it.

"Don't look at me like that. Please" He insisted looking out of the window of the car placing his wrist on the steering wheel, his jaw set straight.

Ashi frowned and asked "like what? "

"With so much pity for me. I don't need your pity" His words were harsh that felt like cutting through her skin.

"Ishan-

Her words were cutoff by ishan's phone that rang making their attention move to the phone.

Ishan froze in his seat because his father nevr called him or spoke to him face to face let alone talk to him on the phone.

He slid his thumb across the screen answering it and pressed it to his ear.

" What the fuck are you trying to do , ishan? " His father's words boomed through the phone and a sinister smirk replaced the expression of shock on his face.

"Hello, father" Ishan greeted with a normal voice. He hid the tremble behind his voice.

"Stay the fuck there. I am coming" With those last words he cut the line making ishan chuckle at his father's tactics.

"What happened? " Ashi muttered beside him in a soft voice.

Her voice giving him the reason to feel relaxed. She was like a gentle prayer in the chaos going around him.

"My father wants to finally talk to me" He spit out the bitter words with no sadness on his face.