𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 26

Ishan's pov:

I am stuck in a meeting from the last four hours and all my mind thinks about is ashi.

My mind keeps going there. I can't help but think about her. Even though I've sent her with one of my most trusted men and a bullet proof car I am too paranoid about her safety especially after my father threatened me about her.

"Mr.mehra if this is what you think the deal is about then we are taking our contract back and I won't approve it." My business partner , gaurav mishra,who already made changes in our contract after shaking hands with my father sits in front of me bargaining about the percentage of profit I give them.

A smirk pulls up on my lips as I lean back in my chair and watch him.

"It's upto you. You know what to do if you want to cancel the contract after it is approved. 100% intrest of my investment should be refunded along with the profit you received throughout the years otherwise you know what I can do to your reputation. " I spit out sitting straighter.

"You cannot do that" He let's out a ragged voice with wide eyes making me chuckle.

"Trust me I can" I nod my head in approval.

My phone buzzes on the table and I see Kabir calling me. I ignore it and focus on the person in front of me.

"You need to bend some rules for some special investors, ishan" He states moving his hand animatedly in front of me.

"Just like you bent your rules shaking hands with my father for my downfall? No. I don't do that Mr. Mishra"

My phone buzzed again and I swipe it to decline so that Kabir gets a hint that I am in a fucking meeting.

"The meeting is dismissed. Rest you can discuss it with my manager about the retracting policies of my company" I give him a hard smile and gather my coat and my belongings and he calls again.

I swipe right this time getting irritated.

"The fuck, Kabir? I was in a fucking meeting? " I lash out the moment our phones connect and I swear I hear him rolling his eyes.

"Your wife is fucking stranded near
Sardar bazar in your car without moving from like past 30 minutes" He hisses on the otherside of the phone clearly pissed that I was not picking up the call.

My body is completely frozed at the thought of something happening to her. But I sent Rocky with her with special instructions and a car.

"What? " A choked out sound came out of my throat from the shock that he hit me with.

"I am able to see your car parked in the sardar bazar area from like 30 minutes and it still hasn't moved an inch. I'd like you to call up your wife and check upon her, ishan." His voice showing a hint of concern towards the end.

Rage filled my insides as i started dialing the bodyguard's number only for it to show that it was out of coverage area.

I check ashi's number which showed the same too. I hurry towards the exit of my building towards my car and start driving it according to the location Kabir sent me.

It shows thirty seven minutes away from where I am now.

"Fuck! " I slam my fist in the steering wheel and overspeed. Never in my life I broke traffic rules or oversped my car but for her I'd do it over and over again.