𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 45

My steps freeze before I even enter the room and I pause.

"Do you think she can suspect? Am I over doing it? "

I hear ishan say and don't make out what he said after that.

Words knock out breath out of me and I take the support of the door handle to balance me.

What kind of stupid act was this?

Tears prick in the corners of my eyes because I've been starving since morning because I couldn't eat seeing ishan lie on that fucking bed.

I twist the door knob and enter the room, closing the door behind me.

My gaze collides with ishan who's smile fades seeing my face.

I grind my teeth from saying him something that I'll regret later because I still have to hear his side of the story.

One thing my father taught me along with being patient is to never make decisions when you're angry.

Taking a deep breath, I walk further in the room and the chilled breeze hits my skin through the sweatshirt I'm wearing making my skin rough with goosebumps.

"What happened? "

"Why did you do all of this? " I question ishan in return to his question.

His eyebrows relaxes and he finally realizes I heard all of it.

"I'm giving you one chance to explain yourself, or I'm going to  walk out from here and your life without looking back." I stand my ground crossing my hands over my chest and completely ignoring kabir's existence who stands opposite to me cursing under his breath.

Ishan runs a hand down his face and looks at Kabir with a face that says "help me".

" Kabir, give us some time . I'll get back to you." Kabir doesn't wait for another word and walks straight out of the room, leaving the two of us behind.

"Come here, sunshine. " Ishan spreads his palm forward but I ignore it.

He does not get to "sunshine" Me when he knows damn well that it makes my insides melt like anything.

He gets up from his spot easily and bends forward and grabs a handful of my sweatshirt and yanking me towards him.

My hands fly to his shoulders and butterflies burst in my stomach.

"When I went to buy you flowers, a car crashed in front of mine making my car stop with a hard break, which lead to all of these scars." Ishan points it to the scar on cheekbone and forehead.

I stand there patiently trapped between his legs and one hand my hip like it's the most normal thing for us when it's not.

Ignore the way he runs his  thumb back and forth on my hip in a delicious way making my female parts tingle in anticipation.

For a moment, I forget I am mad at him and he lied to me.

"In that moment, Kabir called me and I asked him to come over to pick me and he came up with the information that my father is planing something more evil against me and Kabir informed me that if the owner of the franchises gets into trouble related to his health, the competitors cannot take any actions."

And now it hits me why he did this. I sense my anger fading away, bursting away like little bubbles.

"What does it have to do with putting up this shitty act? " I sound harsher than what I meant to say.

But I am mad that he didn't even consider telling me about it after all I did for him.

"Because, sunshine, if I didn't do this, he would've released all the decisions and would've made amendments after manipulating my co founders. Now we have time on our hand to understand what he's doing and take action according to that." Ishan's calm tone makes me feel like I'm floating in his embrace.