𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 24

"You think you're being smart by coming here and threatening my potential client that they retracted their contract with me? " He sneered making ishan taking a second amused look at him.

"And you think you can bring me down by asking them to change the rules and regulations so that you can play a part in cancellation of our contract? You're too old for this shit, dad. I think you need some sleep" Ishan chuckled playing the role of a fuel in the fire.

Ashi walked to ishan's side holding his bicep as she watches adarsh with a disgusting scowl.

Ishan looked down at her where her hand was placed on his. A bolt of energy passes through their bodies with the touch. Their eyes connect making the world around them blur.

"This. Just for the sake of this bitch right here you are fighting your father! " Adarsh threw a pointed glare towards ashi.

"Call her something else other than her name you will fucking see what else I can do to destroy you." Ishan's words came out harder than expected making his father's lips turn upwards.

Adarsh took away everything that was close to ishan. His dog, his family, his dreams everything but he didn't show that it fucking broke him but seeing him all worked up when he threatens ashi gave him a new idea.

"You just don't know me, ishan. I will remove your existence from this world! " He spit again. His face turning red with the anger but ishan just gave him one more amused look making him even more furious.

"I'd like to see you try" He smirked Entwining his fingers with ashi's and leaning back on his car waiting for him to reply.

Her touch gave him a sense of relief he didn't knew he needed.

"Now. You're overdoing it, Mr. Mehra. You've said enough and did enough. I'd like you to leave ishan alone and let him live his life for once. You didn't play a part in his success so you sure as fuck cannot interfere in his life now. " Ashi chirped in between the staring contest going on between ishan and his father bringing their attention to her.

Ishan's heart was thumping against his ribcage. Why was she fighting for him? She knew what limits Adarsh can go to destroy them but still she jumped in between. His eyes softened for her when she was glaring at Adarsh with a small frown in between her eyebrows looking like a angry kitten.

"Oh shutup, girl! It will not take me one second to call up guys and change this whole look on your face"

"You wouldn't dare to do it" Ishan's voice held no option. He was now openly daring his father.

"And why do you think I won't do it? "  He asked getting entertained now by seeing ishan all angry at the mention of ashi.

"I'm telling you, dad. If one single strand of hair is moved on her head I'd fucking kill every single man on this entire planet , including you and you now know I don't fucking bluff. " With that being said he pulled ashi behind him and led her to the passenger side of his car and made her sit while he came to the drivers seat and settled inside with Adarsh still glaring at them.

He pulled out of the company's headquarters and relaxed when the cold air hit their faces.

"Well.. That was intense" Ashi breathed out leaning her head on the side of the car door and looking at ishan.

"You don't have to worry about your safety, ashi. I meant it when I told you I'd protect you with my entire life. " His eyes we're fixed on the road with his hands clutching the steering while as tight as he can making his tanned knuckles go red.

"Are you kind of obsessed with calling me your wife? " She finally asked once they were out of their haze.

"I just remind you of your place. Nothing else" Ishan shrugged lightly and looked in her direction.

Her face still looked tired but with the air and the speed of their car she looked like she is the lead actress of a cheesy bollywood movie.

"And what is that? "

"I'm your husband and you're my wife. So it means you're mine."

Butterflies in her stomach went wild when he called her that. She read too many romace novels where the guy's call their women "you're mine" She knows what that holds in a girl's fantasy life.

Red paints her cheeks as their car comes to a halt in a traffic and her eyes moves to a small kid who was selling the flower bracelets to a couple who didn't shy away from hugging and kissing.

No matter how old she gets she will never stop being a hopeless romantic.

In that moment, ishan's face turned towards ashi and that dreamy , astonishing look on her face made him look in the direction she's staring at.

He understood she wants them. As the child who is selling it walks towards their car ishan pulls down the window.

He took the money out of his wallet with some extra money for the boy he took the flower bracelets and dismissed him.

The smell of jasmine and roses filled the car making ashi look at ishan in excitement and happiness written all over her face.

"Umm.. This is for you.. " He trailed of handing her the bracelet looking like his face is about to blast because of the awkwardness he was feeling in the moment.

And she sagged down. She was expecting him to take her hand in his and put them on and kissing her knuckles. Just like the couple on the road did.

"And you spoiled the moment" She rolled her eyes at him, still accepting the roll of the flowers he gave and placing them in her lap.

The traffic lights turned to green and he started driving again but still asked looking confused.

"What do you mean? "

"I mean you were supposed to put them on my hands not just hand me over like- ughhh! " She groaned covering her face.

So he did that exactly.

He pulled to a side of the road and stopped the car.

He took the pack of bracelets from her lap and placed it on the console before taking her soft delicate hand in his.

A rush of ecstasy filled her body with his touch and ishan noticed the goosebumps that broke on her forearms making him look up from her hands to her face.

Her lips were part, eyes were dilated and wide and hair falling across her face. He was never in awe of any woman's beauty before her. He felt like he saw someone with such beauty grace and innocence on her face for the first time in his entire life.

The small hair on her neck were stood up making ishan smirk. Atleast he wasn't alone who is able to feel the tension blooming between them.

He took the bracelet from the console and placed it around the point ashi made with her fingers all bunched up to together. He slid them to her wrist and looked at her again for confirmation.

A small raise if eyebrows and she understood what he was asking so she nodded yes.

He repeated the process with the other hand and she was all flustered by the time he finished.

Ishan revived his car again and turned the ac to the fullest.

Both of them looked in the opposite directions with many unwanted feelings settled in their chests waiting to get acknowledged..