𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 28

Ishan's pov:

"Good evening, sir. Your booking for the whole shop was quite a task for me but i still managed to convince the manager" My friend arijit who works at a pottery studio speaks to me on the other side of the phone.

While having dinner yesterday, ashi mentioned how she used to be so interested in pottery when she was a kid and didn't get a chance to catch up on that hobby of hers since her mother died, I want to do that for her.

I want to replace all the ugly memories of this city into beautiful ones in her mind so that she doesn't hesitate to come here with me once more. So i booked the entire studio so that we spend time together without anyone disturbing us.

"Thank you, arijit. I'll catch up on you later."

I place the phone down on my side table when my gaze moves to the couch in our room in the corner where ashi's dupatta from yesterday night is lying and i see something silver dangling in the end.

I walk over and lift the corner to see two bracelets joined with a heart are tied to one of the corners.

"I bought that yesterday for.. Us but forgot to give you. " My head snaps at her voice so quickly that I feel the pain in it.

I take in her appearance. She looks a lot better from last night with her hair still wet from the shower and my sweatshirt again.

"I know they're ugly but i.. Umm.. Still bought it" She scratches the side of her head lightly before she starts walking towards me.

I untie it from her dupatta and hold it on my wrist in front of her.

She watches me struggling with it and comes forward to help. And looks up with a huge smile when she sees how tight it is around my wrist.

My face is probably giving out whatever I'm feeling and i feel so good seeing her smile for the first time since yesterday.

"I want to take you somewhere. You can wear whatever you're comfortable in"

And there comes the hesistant look again. Fuck I hate it so much and it makes me hate myself for caring about her when I shouldn't be.

"I'm not really in a mood to get lost today, ishan" She laughs it off but I see the terror behind that voice.

I want to take her face in my hands and tell her that they'll have to go through me first to hurt her again but I suck at communication. Thanks to my Asian genes.

"If you are lost, then I am lost." I don't let go her hand.

A rush of warmth settles in the pit of my stomach at the connection of our bodies. Something I've never felt before.

She takes her hand away again from mine and the sudden emptiness of warmth hits me.

I take a step back and give her room for whatever she wants to do.

I sit and watch her get ready for our day out that'll probably give her at least one reason to spend more time with me.

*an hour later*

"How about we grab lunch before we head off to our place? " I drive and ashi sits in the passenger seat with her concentration solely on her phone playing that stupid candy game.