61.1-On the Plane

Yao Zi Zhu's illness is getting worse and worse, and Min Hui will visit her in the hospital almost every three or five days. 

  When asked how Zhou Ru Ji's condition was progressing, he just vaguely said that it was not improving, and that the medicine he was taking now was mainly to relieve her pain. 

   The hospital granted him a one-month personal leave to take care of his wife.

   The oncology department was not manned enough, and he was the chief physician. It was unrealistic not to go to the operating table and keep the doctors in the department busy. So Zhou Ru Ji proposed to work for half a day every day.

   Try to arrange the operation at night. As a result, he can fully accompany his wife during the day. 

  Secondly, when Zi Zhu was resting at night and the doctors were tired, he would do an extra night shift for everyone.

    The operating room is on the fourth floor. On the same floor, there are anesthesiology, imaging, pathology, laboratory, blood bank, surgery, pharmacy and other departments. 

  Zi Zhu's ward is on the fifth floor, and Zhou Ru Ji's office is also on the fifth floor, and the two are very close.

    Min Hui thought that she hadn't visited Zi Zhu for four days and would be on a business trip tomorrow, so she came to the hospital at seven in the evening. 

  Passing by the nurse's station, the nurse on duty recognized Min Hui, greeted her and said directly, "Doctor Zhou has gone to surgery."

    "Has Zi Zhu slept?"

    "Not yet."

    Zi Zhu's ward is at the end of the corridor, and Min Hui Walking all the way, she saw a farmer-looking man sitting on a chair in the corridor. She didn't think much about it, thinking it was a family member of a patient.

    Unexpectedly, seeing that she was about to knock on the door, the man suddenly rushed over and stopped her, and said in a rough voice : "Excuse me, do you recognize Dr. Zhou?"

    Suppressing Mandarin hard. Min Hui took a look at him. This man was in his thirties, with a long face, a wide nose, and dark skin.

   For some reason, his hair was a little gray. Wearing a plaid shirt, the original color can no longer be seen clearly after washing too many times. The jeans are dirty and have several big holes in them. He was wearing a pair of worn-out sneakers, which were covered in mud.

    "Yes." She replied honestly.

    "Are you familiar with him?"

    "I'm his ex-wife."

    When the man heard this, he knelt down with a plop: "Sister, I want to ask Dr. Zhou to operate on my son, can you persuade him for me? If you don't open it, my son will die!"

    He was sobbing as he spoke, his voice hoarse and his tone miserable.

    Min Hui froze for a moment, not knowing what to say for a moment.

    In the days of living together with Zhou Ru Ji, many colleagues have approached her, wanting Zhou Ru Ji to help her in consulting the disease, introducing doctors, contacting beds, or asking him to preside over the operation in person... If it is too troublesome but can be arranged, he will always try his best to satisfy it.

    "Brother, get up first."

    She pulled the man into a chair and sat down, and said softly, "Surgery can't be done randomly. If your son really needs surgery and is accepted by this hospital, it can be arranged for sure.  you just need to be a little more patient-."