63.1-Sad Squad

The second day after Min Hui returned to BinbCheng, news of Cheng Qirang's injury spread throughout the company.

    In the ten years of watching the tide, Cheng Qi Rang never took a sick leave. He get up at five o'clock every day for a morning run, and go to work at the company by car at eight o'clock. 

  Unfortunately, on the night he returned from Bei Jing, Zheng Lan, who had been in a coma for several months, finally passed away.

   As son-in-law and CEO, he had to attend the funeral.

    In a sense, Zheng Lan is both his teacher and his father. He has spared no effort in cultivating his career, and betrothed his only daughter to him, which can be described as a mountain of kindness.

    Those who had seen him all said that Cheng Qi Rang made this fall too badly: he stepped on the bridge of his nose, half of his face was swollen, and he wore an I-shaped corrective mask when he attended the event.

   Although it was made of transparent material, it looked like a A Green Hornet. Coupled with the loss of a front tooth, in such a solemn occasion, the speech has been leaking, making people dumbfounded. 

    He has always been "stable and self-sufficient" in the industry, and it is the first time for him to appear in front of the public in such a embarrassing manner.

    No one believed that he was injured like this because of a "fall".

  For a while, rumors and gossip were flying everywhere, and the employees stretched out their imaginations to make up various versions of the story.

    Since Min Hui was the only one accompanying her on the trip to Beijing, colleagues rushed to her to inquire about the news.

    Min Hui naturally pretended to be confused, and only quietly told Cao Mu what happened.

    "Thanks to Brother Yin for teaching me a few tricks, I practiced them every morning and evening, and it finally came in handy."

    Min Hui wanted to laugh out loud, but she was afraid of being heard, so she lowered her voice, "I didn't expect Cheng Qi Rang to be so careless. It's so cool, I wish I could do it a hundred times again!"

    Seeing her getting carried away, Cao Mu gave her a push: "Do you not worry about retaliation for beating your boss so violently?"

"Xin Qi said that Cheng Qi Rang would definitely not report the crime. Firstly, he In the first place, the offense is my self-defense; secondly, he is a person who cares about face, if this kind of news gets out—it’s too embarrassing!"

    Cao Mu smiled lightly and said nothing.

    "Besides, what can he retaliate against me, fire?"

    Min Hui spread her hands, "Then fire, I can't ask for it. If I fire, I don't have to abide by the non-compete agreement."

   Cao Mu sighed and shook her head: "I see You are too optimistic."

    At lunch time, Min Hui uncharacteristically went to the staff cafeteria and ate a fried pork with pepper, which was too spicy, so she had to order another cup of iced lemon tea. 

  The restaurant was very lively, she found a quiet corner to sit down, drinking tea while answering WeChat in the work group.

    After a few minutes, she heard giggling behind her, and turned her head to see three girls sitting at the dining table in the back, whispering.

   One of them was tall and beautiful, and she spoke Mandarin with a Cantonese accent. She recognized Zhang Zhi Rui from the marketing department. She used to be Lin Xi Yue's colleague. She wasn't too familiar with her, but she would say hello when they met, and chat with each other when they met in the hallway. The other two were just familiar but didn't know each other.