Must Be Nice To Be Rich

Hype Boy- NewJeans
"You're my chemical hype boy."

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
"That's horrible," Amara grumbles as Taylor steps out in a mustard yellow dress that stops just above the knees.

"I like it!" Taylor smiles, spinning around.

"You look like a grandma."

"Well, duh, I got it from your grandma's closet."

"There's no hope for you," Amara faceplams, and Cassidy giggles.

"Fine, fine, I'll change," Taylor rolls her eyes, walking back into Amara's closet.

Cassidy looks down at her pj pants, the ones that were touching Ni-ki just mere hours ago. She hadn't told Amara and Taylor about that whole interaction, especially after their lives were risked the last time Cassidy and Ni-ki spoke. Guilt fills her as Taylor steps out again, this time in an even uglier brown, mermaid-style dress. Amara scoffs again and gets up.

"At this point, I need to help you get dressed. Come on," Amara rolls her eyes as she ushers a smiley Taylor back into the closet.

With her free time, Cassidy looks around the room. She hasn't really gotten any time to snoop around. Maybe she shouldn't have been invading their privacy, but hey, there's no harm in looking around a little. What's the worst that she could find?

Cassidy opens up Amara's bedside drawer to find a few pictures of her and Taylor. Cassidy smiles as she picks some up, varying from photobooths at the mall to them posing with each other at school dances. Along with that were friendship bracelets, pictures they drew for each other, and more memorabilia from their friendship.

Cassidy sighs. She was more than grateful for Amara and Taylor for them taking her under their wing and being her friend, but she didn't have a best friend. At each school she moved to, everyone already knew who they were. They had their groups, their best friends. Cassidy was just there. Unthought of.

She was always just the New Girl.

Cassidy closes the door, feeling tears form in her eyes. She shakes them away and opens the next drawer to find something surprising.

It was another drawer filled with what seemed to be memorabilia with some kind of relationship, except this time, it wasn't with Taylor. Cassidy picks up a picture that depicted Amara throwing up a peace sign over a dinner at a restaurant. Next to her was a brown haired boy giving her a peck on the cheek.

A big smile crowded Amara's face. Maybe a former friend? Boyfriend, even? Cassidy digs further. She finds all sorts of things. A white hair clip, a bracelet that had, "A+S" on it, tickets to a musical, more pictures of Amara and this boy. All of the pictures had a younger Amara, the youngest ones maybe at 7th or 8th grade and the oldest at freshmen or maybe even sophomore year. All of them had the same brown haired boy next to her.

Cassidy finds more the further she looks. The drawer was filled. A painting of Amara, a few drawings of her. There was even a crushed candy cane still in its wrapper.

Who was this mysterious man? Cassidy is about to close the drawer when she sees something that makes her heart drop: a hospital wrist band.

Cassidy picks up the wrist band and brings up it up to her eyes so she can read the small lettering.

"Amara Fleur. Room 256, to patient-" the words are cut off by some scratches. Who was this mysterious boy? Maybe a friend who got sick? A family member? Maybe it was even romantic.

Cassidy throws the band back into the drawer, shutting it and diving back to her place on the floor right as Amara and Taylor exit the closet. Taylor is wearing a light pink dress with glitter and a slightly puffed out bottom paired with pink heels. She looks elegant in the dress, and it fits her personality perfectly.

"Wow, that's looks amazing, Taylor," Cassidy smiles, trying to avoid looking at Amara due to her guilt.

"I know, right? I'm a master worker. Now, my turn. Prepare to be amazed, bitches," Amara smiles, waving her hands as she backs into the closet.

"Even I'll admit, she did a good job," Taylor laughs as she sits next to Cassidy. She starts talking about her new cat she got, but Cassidy contemplates asking her about the guy in Amara's drawer. She couldn't, it would be wrong. She felt terrible about doing so in the first place.

"She's just too cute! Like, how- whoa! You look awesome, Amara!" Taylor gasps, directing her attention towards Amara who's standing at the closet door. She's wearing a white colored dress that hugged her perfectly with sparkly glitter. The silky sleeves were off shoulder, and a slit ran up the side of the dress. Silver heels finished the whole outfit. Cassidy has to admit that she looks amazing.

"You look great!" Cassidy exclaims.

"Thanks! You're turn, Cass," She tells Cassidy, smiling and pointing towards the closet. Cassidy shyly gets up and walks into the closet, closing it behind her.

The closet is walk-in, no surprise. Amara's parents work at the local hospital, so she's super rich and has very peice of clothing, shoes, and accessories imaginable. Cassidy looks around the room, feeling nervous as the bright lights practically blind her.

An overwhelming feeling takes over her as she glances at all the fancy dresses around her, glitter and neon colors galore. She's never been much of a dressy type, but that's all that Amara seemingly has. Finally, Cassidy spots a sky blue dress in the corner and walks over to it. It's simple, with long comfy sleeves that puffed out at the ends and a simple low cut. However, she smiles at she runs her finger over it, squishing the fabric in between her fingers. This was the dress.

She quickly changes into the dress and steps over to the mirror, admiring herself as she does so. Taking a deep breath, she walks out of the closet.

"Oooh, pretty! Taylor exclaims, looking up at Cassidy with admiration.

"Isn't that a little underdressed?" Amara questions.

"Hey, she looks great!" Taylor exclaims.

"Thank you," Cassidy says, slipping on her black converse that she wore there. Amara and Taylor stare at her with admiration. She doesn't care what other people think of her outfit, and they love that.

"Let's go," Amara squeals, opening the door as they rush downstairs, excited for what's to come. They walk outside, and Taylor and Amara step into an expensive looking black car. A man is standing in the front of the car, with an interesting hat, sunglasses and a suit. He opens the door for Amara and Taylor and they step inside as if this were normal.

"Are you coming?" Amara asks from the inside.

"You have a chauffeur?" Cassidy asks, following them inside and sitting down on the plushy seats. The man closes the door and plops in the drivers seat.

"You don't?" Amara says, pulling out a mini mirror and fixing her lipstick. Cassidy can't tell if she's joking or not as she leans her head against the window. Must be nice to be rich.

After only a few minutes, the car pulls up to a house. Amara wasn't kidding, it was huge. Still, people were spilling out of the doors and into the front yard. Another thing Amara wasn't joking about: how many people would be there.

Cassidy takes a deep breath in and opens the car door.