Average Pesto

Bewitched- Laufey
"You bewitched me from the first time that you kissed me."

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
Amara closes her eyes, sighing softly as she recounts her past.

"Soobin fought a lot. He...he just cared too much, y'know? He fought for the people he cared about. And after...he started fighting more. Just seeing people fight reminds me of him, and not in a good way. It just reminds me of when he was on his decline. It upsets me for no reason, and...wait, do you even know who Soobin is?" Amara questions, sniffing and turning to Cassidy who's sitting there with a reassuring look. She hurriedly shakes her head. Is she finally going to get all the answers she's been searching for?

"Oh, I'm sorry about that. Well, he was my b-boyfriend. Honestly, he was so much more than that. We were friends since we were born, and, gosh, we were so in love," She smiles, thinking about old memories that pleases her, "in reality, our relationship was toxic. We never talked to anyone else, especially after we started dating in seventh grade. But I was so happy," She sighs. Cassidy encourages her to go on. She's been dying to find out about this guy since she found the drawer in Amara's house.

"But, then..." She sighs, her smile fading, "someone moved here in freshman year. Taylor and I befriended her, having no idea of who she truly was. She was obsessed with me. Didn't want me to spend time with anyone else. She hated Soobin because he took up most of my time. She-she started threatening him. Told him to k-kil-kill- himsel-" Amara cuts herself off, her sobs overtaking her body. Cassidy pats her back, suddenly understanding the severity of the situation. She had figured it was just a breakup that ended badly, but now she understands why the whole school knows.

After a few moments of gathering herself, she's able to speak again.

"She was terrible. She did...many, many bad things. In short, she threatened to kill me if Soobin didn't...," She sighs, "His mom found him. Overdosed on sleeping pills. He died in the hospital a week later with me by his side."

Cassidy is speechless. How is she even supposed to follow something like this? She's terrible at comforting people, and she had no idea was agony Amara was going through. She decides to not talk, and just continues rubbing her back.

"There's a lot more to the story, but I don't know if I can tell you now. Maybe later, I'm sorry."

"Hey, it's okay, it's okay, You don't have to tell me anything you don't want to. I'm sorry you had to go through that." Cassidy's words sends Amara about three years back in time.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Amara still remembers the mahogany scent of the room, the scraping of the metal on the floor, the causal chatter that echoed the classroom. The way the teacher tapped her foot impatiently on the floor, waiting for the bell to ring as a younger version of Taylor sits next to her, rambling about some TV show they were both obsessed with that she can't remember.

That's when the classroom swings open. She waltzes into the room, as if she owns it. Everyone's attention is turned to her. Her and Cassidy are different in so many ways. When it was her first day, she had opened the door quietly, walking in and giving a hushed introduction. This girl screamed cockiness, throwing her flush hair over her shoulder. Even the teacher had seemed surprised.

Amara remembers turning over to the new boys, otherwise known as Enhypen. They hadn't really made a name for themselves yet, just the mysterious, cute new boys. It's strange getting so many new kids this year. They stare ahead, completely indifferent to the girl in front of them who is obviously staring them down. Especially a young Ni-ki, who's fiddling with a pencil in his lap.