The Traitor

Traitor- Olivia Rodrigo
"Guess you didn't cheat, but you're still a traitor."

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
"There's no fucking way!" Ni-ki yells as they sprint through the nearest backyard.

"I'm so dead!" Cassidy shouts as they run up to a white picket gate in the nearest backyard. Sakura, with no hesitation, jumps the fence. Cassidy follows, as does Ni-ki and they run through the green grass.

"Hey, get out of my backyard!" A voice yells from the house. Cassidy yelps from the shout, and they immediately leave the backyard, bursting back into the street. At their top speed, they run against the sidewalk, rushing to the end of the street. They finally do, turning the corner and practically falling against each other. Breathing heavily, they all look at each other, their brains filled with questions for each other.

Before they can start spitting out the questions, Cassidy looks down at an incoming call from her mother. With a cringe, she accepts it.

"Cassidy, am I dreaming or did I just see you in Japan where I currently am for work?" She shouts into the phone, not even allowing Cassidy to greet her.

"Uh, no? I'm at school right now, mom," Cassidy says into the phone, as if that is simply ridiculous and there's indeed no way that she, Cassidy Rivers, could be in Japan on a random school day. No way.

"I must be going crazy, I could've sworn I just saw you," She breathes into the phone, and Cassidy can hear her rubbing her head. What are the chances that in this entire, big ass country that she saw her mother?

"Maybe you should lay down," Cassidy states in the most faux-caring voice she can muster.

"Yeah, yeah, that's a good idea. I'm sorry, honey," She hangs up, feeling delirious. Sighing, she turns to an extremely confused Ni-ki and Sakura. She plasters on a fake smile.

"Anyone up for McDonald's?"

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Ni-ki says immediately, not even giving thought to Cassidy's question. She crosses her arms, rolling her eyes.

"Rude-"

"Don't even with me right now. How did you know to come here?" Ni-ki says in a low, deep voice. It's demanding, and chilling, and it sends shivers down her back.

"Well, uh, I'm here with Chaewon and Yunjin. Their necklaces glowed, so we knew that you two were in trouble." Cassidy explains, assuming Ni-ki knows the purpose of the necklaces. Sakura hits Ni-ki's arm with a smile.

"Told you it would work!"

"Y-yeah, and, well, we got a plane here and we asked a local where your family lived. Honestly, I don't even know how I got into the basement. It was mostly luck," She rubs her arm, looking up at them uneasily.

"Well, thank you," Ni-ki says after a few moments of silence.

"What about you guys? What happened?" Ni-ki and Sakura share a look before answering her.

"My dad is fine, he's alive. Everything else you don't need to know," He states simply.

"Don't you think I deserve an explanation?"

"Maybe you deserve one, but that doesn't mean you want to know. We're fine, let's go home," Ni-ki starts forward, walking ahead. Sakura follows without hesitation. Cassidy shakes her head.

Is he really upset at her? He really didn't seem to want anything to do with her: it's like they traveled back in time to September. Just a few days ago Ni-ki was telling her about the stars, and now he seems like he couldn't care less.