The Problem With a Man-Child

Million Dollar Man- Lana Del Rey
"You look like a million dollar man, so why is my heart broke?"

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
Cassidy rips the sleeve of Ni-ki sweatshirt off, forming a makeshift gauze.

"Hey! That was expensive!" Niki complains.

"You'll live," Cassidy says, motioning for Sunoo to lay down. He obliges. Cassidy wraps the gauze around his cut, causing him to seethe in pain.

"This should at least stop the blood," Cassidy explains lightly as she finishes tying it.

"It should do until we get to...our personal doctor," Ni-ki says softly, which surprises Cassidy. He usually speaks with anger or annoyance, but there is something different in his voice. Worry, maybe.

"Thanks for your help," Sunoo smiles through his pain, leaning against the foot of the bed. Cassidy pushes herself up on her knee, suddenly noticing the blood still dripping from Ni-ki's hand.

Although it had to have happened an hour ago already, it is still covered with blood. Figures, he did cut himself with glass. Cassidy rips another piece from the sweatshirt.

"Okay, now you're doing it on purpose-" His voice is cut off when Cassidy grabs his hand, wrapping the fabric around his bleeding hand.

"Stop moving," She says softly, making sure to be careful. Even if he is unnecessarily rude to her earlier, she doesn't want to hurt him or anyone else on purpose.

She finishes, and looks up at his face. A comfortable silence forms between them as they look at each other.  They seem to look at each other a lot, but this time is different. It is more gentle this time. He stares at her with a certain softness, tenderness. It's almost as if he cares for her.

Their moment is broken when Sunoo clears his throat, snapping them both back to reality. The two look at him and his knowing smirk. Ni-ki shakes his head, turning back to Cassidy. His soft look is now replaced with annoyance.

"Welp, you've done enough. Bye."

"What happened to the 'never talking again' thing?" Cassidy asks knowingly, getting up.

"That starts now. Get out," He waves his hand at her, and she smiles. She steps out of the room as she hears Sunoo scold Ni-ki for being rude.

Cassidy looks down at her phone, to see an incoming call from Amara. She answers immediately as she closes the door behind her, leaning against it and accepting the call.

"Hey, Cassidy Wassidy!" Amara giggles, still obviously high.

"Amara, where are you?"

"Seven Eleven with my new favorite people!" She says as people laugh again.

"You mean the Seven Eleven down the road? You walked there?"

"Duh!" She giggles.

"By yourself?"

"No, dummy, with my new friends! You should join us!" She exclaims.

"Gladly," Cassidy hangs up the phone before briefly opening the door again.

"Do you ever mind your own-"

"Sunoo, I know where Amara is," Cassidy interrupts Niki excitedly. Sunoo smiles.

"Thank you. Get her home safe," Cassidy throws him a quick thumbs up before closing the door and rushing down the stairs. She texts Taylor one more time.

"Hello? Where are you?" She presses send as she opens the front door, exposing herself to the cold night. Cassidy checks her phone to see it's nearing 1AM.