six: LIBRARY

As always, although it's only been three days since he's arrived at university and with Soobin's guide around it, he still finds himself lost on his way to the library, to the point he had to call Soeun to walk with him from the cafeteria, probably the only place he knows where to go aside the administration office and academic building.

The embarrassment he felt to have the girl he's crushing on guide him.

"How come I didn't realize how near the library is to the administration office?" Taehyun asks and Soeun giggles.

"It's near yet far, don't you think? The university compound is immensely huge." Soeun says.

"So, what should we study? Or, should we complete the homework we received earlier?" Taehyun asks as they settle down at one of the tables in the library.

The two came to the library right after classes. Although Soeun and Taehyun are in the same major, they scheduled some of their classes at different times and Taehyun's end later compared to her's.

Soeun nods.
"I do need help with it." Soeun says.

Taehyun takes a seat while Soeun sits beside him. They both arrange their books and stationery on the table before flipping through their text books and notebook to complete their tasks.

While they were studying, they'd take breaks in between and get to know more about each other.
Taehyun enjoyed the girl's presence, he feels like they have a lot in common and she never fails to make the ends of his lips curve up and his eyes rendered endearingly to her.

"So, how's your first day at work yesterday?" Soeun asks.
"There are a shit ton of students from our university. Then again, Soobin-hyung told me it's the regular hangout spot for HYBE students." Taehyun says.

"And makeout spots. Have you heard of that senior? Beomgyu's his name."

Gosh, just by hearing his own roommate's name makes him shiver in fear, his tongue feeling icky. And it doesn't help the sudden anxiousness that rises up his chest when Soeun mentioned the name.

He by now knows what a reputation Beomgyu holds and a part of him is worried if Soeun would end up as one of his flings.

Taehyun scrunches his eyebrows at the thought.
He won't allow it.

"Roomie~" a familiar low voice calls him out in the midst of the silence of the library.
Taehyun flinches at the sudden call. He knows damn well who's voice it belongs to and it scares him to death how cheery it sounds.

Taehyun turns to his side to find Beomgyu approaching them both while waving his hands, a sly grin playing on the older's lips.

'Speak of the devil.'

Of course Beomgyu just had to magically appear when he's having (sort of) a moment with the girl he likes.
The raven haired boy drapes an arm over Taehyun's shoulder, catching the younger by shock.

"Ayee, who's this pretty girl?" Beomgyu turns his head towards Soeun, shooting her a wink, causing the girl's cheeks to blush at the flirtiness.

"She's your girlfriend?" Beomgyu asks.
"W-What I-"

"We're just friends. We only met three days ago." Soeun says, cutting Taehyun off as she gives a foxy smile to Beomgyu.
Despite only knowing her for a few days, Taehyun's eyes widen and he feels his heart drop at how fast Beomgyu could get her to be smitten by him when Taehyun hasn't been that smooth himself.

"Hyung, can I talk to you for a second?" Taehyun asks but without waiting for Beomgyu's reply, he gets up the chair and drags Beomgyu to the furthest end of the library between the book shelves.

"What are you doing here??" Taehyun asks, shrugging Beomgyu's arms harshly.

"What? Is it a problem for me to be in the library?" Beomgyu asks, cockingan eyebrow up.
"No, it's a problem for me that you're approaching me and Soeun."

"Ahh... jealous much? She literally friend zoned you in front of your face." Beomgyu chuckles.

"Because she's flustered!! Like she said, we've only known each other for three days and you're already trying to call her my girlfriend?? Of course, she'd freak out you dickhead!" Taehyun says, pushing the older by the shoulder.

The older remains unfazed despite being pushed, instead he smirks and closes the distance between them.
Taehyun takes a few steps back until his back hits against the shelves, his finger unconsciously gripping on the books behind him.

Beomgyu guards the younger with his elbow against the shelf beside Taehyun's head and he reaches to grip Taehyun's waist but the blonde was quick enough to shove his hand away from a mere touch.

"The hell are you doing??" Taehyun asks.

"Not gonna lie, you looked cute defending the girl you like." Beomgyu says, leaning his face close to Taehyun's.
"That's your excuse?? For attempting sexual harassment on me?? Get off, pervert!" Taehyun shoves Beomgyu away before the older could attempt anything else.

"Sexual harassment my ass. How old are you? 10 years old??" Beomgyu scoffs.
Taehyun rolls his eyes.

"I'm 18 years old with enough decency to know how to respect other's boundaries, unlike a certain brat who fucks around as a coping mechanism for his insomnia." Taehyun shoots back before walking away from the shelves only for Beomgyu to grab him by the wrist and slam him against the racks, a yelp escapes from Taehyun's lips.

Beomgyu glares at the blonde boy.

"What did you say??" Beomgyu asks.
"You heard me!!" Taehyun says.

Beomgyu's grip on Taehyun's wrist tightens and Taehyun winces in pain.
"Hyung, you're hurting me!! Let go!!" Taehyun exclaims.

"Don't you dare talk about my insomnia when you don't know shit." Beomgyu says before releasing his grip off and walking away.

Taehyun's eyes widen at the older angry state. For the past two days, Beomgyu has been nothing but an annoyance to him but for the first time he's seen the latter mad, Taehyun felt goosebumps, he looked scary, not to mention his grip was fucking strong, like he instantly turned into some alpha wolf.

He looks down to his wrist, spotting it turn red by seconds.