forty-six: DANCE

A week passed after that blackout incident and as expected, Beomgyu and Taehyun really didn't talk about it nor touch on the topic at all but unlike what Taehyun predicted, they weren't circulated with awkward silence.

You can say that Taehyun trying to win Beomgyu's heart was kind of progressing. Beomgyu still cared about him and everytime they meet at Beomgyu's office, the older would ask how Taehyun has been and if he needed any help, the most he's talked with Taehyun the entire week honestly.

And the morning after the accident actually, when Taehyun went into his office, he finds a small box on his table wrapped in a ribbon. And when he opens it, he finds a portable night light and a note.

"To protect you from the dark if I'm not there."
- Beomgyu

Taehyun smiles, keeping the small note in his wallet before picking up the night light in his hands.
It was the same design like the one Beomgyu gave him five years ago.

When he left, he actually forgot his night light but he can tell the night light he had just received was new judging by how it looks, and he's sure Beomgyu wouldn't keep something so small for five years, especially when he went to Canada.

"He still cares..."

+×+

These days, Taehyun had been receiving less work and it isn't because Beomgyu didn't give him much work, it's actually because during the early days Taehyun had just been recruited, he already completed future tasks. So he's pretty much free right now and today too, isn't an exception.

He usually finishes his job an hour or two earlier but some days, he purposely goes back later until only a few employees are left. And that's because he had one thing to do.

Since they work in an entertainment company, Taehyun would go down to dance at their dance studios when he's sure he's alone. Trainees would return to their dorms so no one would be using it and since Taehyun really likes dancing, he thought it'd be a perfect chance.

There are times he bumps into trainees, but Taehyun can easily blend with them, he's still very young after all, he can easily pass as an idol.
Taehyun didn't really change out of his work clothes, just stripping off his blazer and unbuttoning two of his buttons on his clothes.

After a few stretches, Taehyun puts some songs on shuffle using the speaker and he dances. He starts swaying along the music, matching its beat and picks up his pace to match the rhythm.

His arms leave his body as he moves his hand sharply and strong, expressing the growl of the song. Taehyun lets the song take over his body as he immerse himself swiftly, playing along with his facial expressions.

While he's in the middle of dancing though, the door of the studio opens and Taehyun abruptly stops.
'Crap.'
Even though the rooms are sound proof, Taehyun forgot to lock the door.

And there reveals, Beomgyu entering the studio, the two equally shocked to see one another.
"Sorry, I didn't know this room's occupied." Beomgyu says.
"Do you wanna use this room? I'll leave-"

"No... stay." Beomgyu says, cutting the younger off.
Beomgyu approaches the younger whilst pulling off his blazer to toss them on the floor. The sight of it was hot and red gushes to Taehyun's cheeks as Beomgyu walks towards him.

"What we're you dancing to?" Beomgyu asks.
"Do you know that song? Boy in Luv by BTS?" Taehyun asks.

"Of course. We danced to it, at that one party back in university."

Taehyun restarts the song and when the song starts, the two start dancing, letting their bodies take control as they face the mirror to monitor their movements.