twenty-two: JEALOUSY

Taehyun's house wasn't as far from the university as Beomgyu expected. They had taken a cab because Beomgyu refused to take his car. He knows well that his car has a GPS for his mom to track his movement and he can't risk his mom haunting him down to Taehyun's house if he brings his car along.

Taehyun's completely fine with it. He's used to taking the cab anyway and the journey back to his house took about half an hour.

After thirty minutes or so, the two boys got off the cab after Beomgyu offered to pay for the fare.

Beomgyu then comes face to face with Taehyun's humble abode. It's nothing compared to his. Unlike Beomgyu's mansion, Taehyun's house is a single storey brick home that looked cozy from the very front.
"Your home looks cozy." Beomgyu says without knowing he had said it out loud.

Taehyun turns his head to look at the older who's still in daze as his eyes remain on Taehyun's house. The younger chuckles. He knows well it's because it isn't anything like Beomgyu's home which he bets is far bigger and fancier.

"It is. C'mon, let's go in." Taehyun invites and Beomgyu nods.

But before they could enter the house, the door opens revealing an older man; black sleek hair with a few strands of white, he's wearing an apron and he had glasses on.

"Hyun-ah!!" The man calls out with the brightest smile and Taehyun's eyes instantly widens as he rushes over to the man.
"Dad!!" Taehyun exclaims as he lounges into his dad's arms.

"Is my baby home??~" another shrill voice accompanies the two and a woman peers from the side, joining the hug.
Beomgyu smiles softly at the sweet sight of the family rekindling.

"Hey, mom." Taehyun greets, kissing the woman on the cheek.
"Wahh, I've missed you so much!!" The woman says before glancing over towards Beomgyu's direction.

"Oh?? Is this the friend you told us about? That he'll be staying over??" She asks and Taehyun nods.
Beomgyu shyly approaches the family, rubbing his hand on his neck in anxiousness.

"Yeah, Beomgyu-hyung, meet my dad and step-mom, and guys, meet my roommate." Taehyun says.

After exchanging greetings at the front door, Taehyun's dad bid the others goodbye as he had to rush over to the restaurant while the three; Beomgyu, Taehyun and his step-mom finally step into their house.

"Should we watch a movie?? I rented a new movie for us to watch." His mom says excitingly, earning a giggle from the blonde boy.

"Sure, mom. Should I get the popcorn ready?" Taehyun asks and his mom shakes her head.
"You boys settle down first, I'll get the popcorn ready." Taehyun's mom says, reaching to peck Taehyun on the cheeks and Taehyun nods.

"Shouldn't we go help dad at the restaurant though?" He asks.
"You two can start helping out tomorrow. Your dad says you guys should rest."

Taehyun nods before gesturing Beomgyu to his room. The older of the two was actually still admiring the interior of their home. Despite being a single storey home, the house was pretty big, and they had a few rooms too. It didn't look cramp at all, and it matches the coziness it exudes from outside.

"Does she always watch movies?" Beomgyu asks and Taehyun nods.
"If dad's busy at the restaurant, she'll drag me to watch movies with her. Sometimes she'll get too emotional over a romantic movie and cry on my shoulder." Taehyun says, giggling as he reminisces some memories.

"Though, you never mentioned about your step-mom?" Beomgyu whispers, ensuring Mrs Kang doesn't hear.
"I never really got the chance. My dad remarried three years after that incident but she's honestly been the best. I wouldn't ask for any other step-mom but her." Taehyun says.

LULLABY - TAEGYU  ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें