fifty-one: THE PAST

Three months later.

"Holy shit!! Everyone make sure everything's in place!! My bestie's getting married and I want everything perfect!!" Soeun exclaims as she directs the other employees and workers to set up the wedding venue before the guests arrive in an hour.

"Damn, no wonder Taehyun and Beomgyu trust you with the wedding preparations." Kai says as she approaches her side.

"He made the right choice, no one would be able to pull this entire wedding plan in less than three months."
"You're right."

Three months had passed since Beomgyu proposed to Taehyun and today's the day they're getting married; where they'll say their vows, sweat on their lives for one another and have the fairy tale (lol so cliché) they've always wanted.

It might seem like they're rushing but they wouldn't have it any other way.

Everything seems perfect; nothing grand nor big, they're holding their wedding at Beomgyu's private beach since they've come to be really attached to the place, Taehyun's parents are handling the catering, the employees of BigHit Entertainment are in charge of setting up the venue and sending out invitations to those close to them, and Beomgyu couldn't be happier that his dad, despite how busy he is decided to come to the wedding too and finally has decided-

To hand over Haneul entirely to Beomgyu.
Taehyun and Beomgyu are currently in seperate waiting rooms, getting dressed in their wedding garments. They didn't want to look at each other's outfits until they walk down the isle.

Taehyun looks at the mirror, fixing his hair as he dons a white cream tuxedo with white silk buttoned up clothes underneath it. He has a small white rose in the chest pocket of his tuxedo and his hair isn't styled all too fancy too, just exposing a bit of his forehead. And while he's still getting ready, he receives a knock on his door.

"Is that you mom? Dad?" Taehyun calls out but when the door opens, Taehyun's eyes widen to see the lady dressed in red as she steps foot inside the dressing room.

Mrs Choi Eunsoo; Beomgyu's mom.
"M-Mrs Choi??" Taehyun speaks, taking a step back as she approaches the silver haired male.

"So you guys reunited?" She asks and Taehyun nods, looking down.
Mrs Choi sighs and reaches out to take Taehyun's hand in hers, causing the younger to jolt in shock.

"I'm sorry..." She says and Taehyun looks up to meet her eyes.

"Maybe there really wasn't any use seperating you both if the universe brings you two back together. But that's not the only thing I'm apologising for, I'm sorry that I treated you badly. I wasn't in my right mind back then-"
"I've forgiven you long ago Mrs Choi. I forgave you the moment you helped my parents open up a restaurant in Japan. I'll forever be in debt to you." Taehyun says.

"But that doesn't excuse what I've done to you and Beomgyu, my own son. I'm not good with the words Taehyun but I hope you can find it in your heart that I sincerely apologise for everything I've put you through."

And that's when Taehyun suddenly remembers what he heard back at the beach party a few months ago.

"Ms Choi... can I ask something?" Taehyun asks and Mrs Choi hums.
"I overheard Beomgyu that you've been receiving treatment?" Taehyun asks and she nods.

"I think it's quite obvious I've been mentally unstable for years. If you want to know, Beomgyu isn't the only one suffering from insomnia..." She says and Taehyun's eyes enlarge at that.

"I'm only out here with permission from my doctor. But right after this, I'll have to return to resume my treatment. It was also thanks to Beomgyu that I finally got the treatment I deserve despite everything I did to him ever since he's young." She continues.