fifteen: STAY

Soobin opens the door of his dorm upon hearing continuous knocking. He turns the knob open to reveal Taehyun on the other side who instantly dives into a hug, wrapping his arms around the taller's torso, catching Soobin in surprise.

"Taehyunnie? What are you doing here?" Soobin asks while stroking the younger's hair.

"Is it because of Beomgyu? Did he disturb you? Harass you again??" He asks and Taehyun pulls away, shaking his head.
"More like, his mom." Taehyun says while rolling his eyes.

"Oh shit. She's a witch." Soobin says, his face laced with disgust.

Taehyun returns the expression with his eyes wide in disbelief at how the older addressed Beomgyu's mom as a witch. Despite that, he ignored it.

"What did she want?" Soobin asks and Taehyun sighs.

"She was judging me from head to toe, probably because I look like some poor commoner in her wealthy eyes. She's also wondering why Beomgyu-hyung has a roommate-"

"So you finally found out that he's a chaebol??" Soobin asks and Taehyun nods.
"I just found out. How come you didn't tell me??" Taehyun asks back.

"I thought you knew. Beomgyu's family are a massive lot, they're the Haneuls after all."

"Now that I think about it, wouldn't your mom ask to put me in a different room that her rivals son??"
"I think she overlooked that part of the information. I'm actually on my way to see her. Wanna tag along? She's been dying to see you." Soobin invites and the blonde boy nods with a smile.

"Yeah sure, I bet if I stayed here longer, Beomgyu-hyung would come searching for me." Taehyun says.
"C'mon, lemme grab my car keys and we'll go."

A minute later, Soobin and Taehyun wave goodbye to Kai who's in the room before making their way to the parking lot where the bluenette's car was.

A few minutes after they left though, Beomgyu comes dashing from around the corner until he reaches Soobin's room.
The black haired male knocked on the door, buffing and puffing from all the running he did despite their rooms are closed by.

"Taehyun, Taehyun can I speak to you?" Beomgyu asks through the door while knocking on it.
The door opens to reveal Kai.

"Beomgyu-hyung?" Kai calls out.

"Hey Kai, Taehyun told me he's here?" Beomgyu asks and Kai shakes his head.
"You just missed him. He and Soobin-hyung just left to meet Soobin's mom."

"Shit." Beomgyu cusses under his breath. Nevertheless, he thank Kai before walking back to his room.
He ruffles his hair in frustration, letting out a groan. The feeling of anxiety start pooling deep in him about the thought of Taehyun not being his roommate.

Yeah sure, they have their indifferences and they're kinda friends or so. Taehyun knows a lot about Beomgyu so he can't help but feel attached and close to the younger despite knowing him for a short period and all their bickerings.

Also because secretly, he just hopes that after what happened earlier with his mom-
Taehyun wouldn't ask to change rooms.

+×+

Taehyun and Soobin enter a fancy restaurant just nearby the university. The moment they walked in, they see a lady standing up from her seat at a corner as she waves her hand up with a bright smile displayed on her heart shaped lips, similar to Soobin's.

"My babies~" Soobin's mom pull both Soobin and Taehyun into a group hug.

Taehyun chuckles at the warmth of the hug as the three of them pull away to sit themselves on the chair, sitting across Soobin's mom.

If you've forgotten, Taehyun has been Soobin's best friend since high school, it's only natural that his mom adores the blonde boy as well.

Some people might misunderstand, saying Soobin's mom is being biased the moment she handed Taehyun the scholarship under her foundation when actually, Taehyun had put his blood, sweat and tears to earn his rightful throne to it.
After ordering food, they talked and laughed, catching up with each other, especially Taehyun who's only about to adjust to university life.

That's when Soobin suddenly remembers the other purpose of why be brought Taehyun here today.
"Hey, mom. Talking about Taehyun. Is it possible that you overlooked at who became Taehyun's roommate?" Soobin asks and Taehyun nods.

"My roommates Choi Beomgyu, the son of the Haneul Education Foundation chairman. I didn't even realise he's her son nor a chaebol." Taehyun butts in.

"I didn't overlook it." Soobin's mom says as she takes another bite of her steak.

"You didn't?? I didn't think you'd put one of your scholars and Beomgyu in one room." Soobin says, shocked.
"Choi Eunsoo is as immature as always. There's no harm putting them in one room, it's not like sweet Taehyun here is gonna murder him. After all, there weren't many rooms left, I didn't really have a choice."

Taehyun chuckles at her statement when suddenly his phone chimes, indicating a message got in. He pulls his phone out from his pocket to find Beomgyu sending him a few messages.

He glances up to see both Soobin and his mom talking before unlocking his phone to check the messages.

➖

"Taehyun-ah?" Soobin's mom calls out and the blonde immediately shoves his phone back into his pocket, directing his attention to the lady.

"I'm sorry, a friend of mine contacted me asking for notes." Taehyun lies.
"No worries. As I said just now, I can request a change if Beomgyu's bothering you of course? I'm very aware of the reputation he holds." She offers.

Soobin leans down to whisper in Taehyun's ears.

"You can change rooms if you can't keep up with Beomgyu asking to sleep with you." Soobin whispers.
"Does she know about Beomgyu-hyung being a fuckboy?" Taehyun whispers back and Soobin shakes his head.

"No one outside the university knows him as a fuckboy, but more of a troublemaker and playboy. So don't spill it. His parents pay the media a fortune to keep his sexual activities hidden."

"Boys, y'know I'm right here, right? I might not hear your little discussion but I'm still here." Soobin's mom cocks an eyebrow and the two boys laugh.
"So, what about it, Taehyun?" She asks.

Soobin glances at Taehyun who gives him an unexplainable look.

It was something Taehyun had been dying to do. Change roommates and stay away from Beomgyu. But, after receiving those messages from the latter, he instantly remembers the latter's insomnia and how he calls Taehyun his antidote.

Maybe he's just too nice that he feels partially guilty if he leaves Beomgyu. It's not like they're enemies although Taehyun hates his guts.

'Stay.'

Taehyun shakes his head and sighs.

"That's okay-" Taehyun says.

"I'll stay with him."