forty-nine: TOGETHER

Beomgyu flutters his eyes open, stretching his arms while he lets out a yawn, blinking a few times to clear his vision. He shuffles in his bed, feeling his side unconsciously light and when he turns around-
He meets an empty space.

Beomgyu's eyes shoot open and he abruptly sits up, patting the empty space and searching under the blankets but to no avail.

When he lifts the blanket up, he finds minor blood stains on the bed sheet and Beomgyu starts to panic, wondering where the male was.

"Taehyun?" Beomgyu calls out.
He pulls his blanket and gets off the bed, still in his sweat pants and torso bare as he walks out from his bedroom and around his penthouse.

"Taehyun?? Hyunnie? Butterfly??" Beomgyu calls out as he searches every room and corner.
As he searches around his large space, his heart starts picking up its pace and his eyes widen in panic when he doesn't find Taehyun anywhere.

He checks his phone for any messages only to see zero notifications.
He starts feeling what he did five years ago, the fear that Taehyun once again-
Had left him.

In the midst of panic, Beomgyu suddenly receives a call and lifts his phone to his eye level to see it's Soobin whom he instantly picks up.

"Hyung-"
"Is Taehyun with you??" Soobin asks in a state of panic.
"I- he was yesterday... but he left." Beomgyu says, heart plummeted.

"He left?? Did he tell you??" Soobin asks and Beomgyu tilts his head in confusion.

"Tell me what??" Beomgyu asks.
"That he's transferring to Japan and he's leaving today!"
Beomgyu's eyes widen.

"He-what??" Beomgyu says into the call only to end it immediately.
He dashes into his room, freshening up in the bath quickly before he throws on the nearest clothes he can grasp in his closet, not caring about his unkept wet hair and bare face.

He calls his driver on the way down the elevator, asking to prepare his car at the entrance and by the time he reaches down stairs, he runs down and into his car before pulling his seat belt on and drives off.

"Not again..." Beomgyu mumbles himself, eyes fixated on the road, cutting past cars and cars and going beyond the speed limit.

At this point he doesn't mind if he gets caught by the police, he doesn't care about his chaebol image for a moment, all he needs is to reach the airport before Taehyun leaves.

Beomgyu tightens his grip on the stereng.
He's not going to let it repeat once more. He's not going to let Taehyun leave him without a reason.
"I love you." Beomgyu whispers.

He always had. He never once gave up on his love for the younger. Taehyun left him, betrayed his trust but Beomgyu could never have the guts to be in someone else's life if that someone's not Taehyun.

Right now he couldn't bother more to find out why Taehyun had left him. He didn't care whatever the reason was, he just needed Taehyun by his side and not leave him heart broken once again.

Beomgyu reaches the airport, tyres screeching the road as he hastily parks his car outside the box, not caring a damn as he gets out the car, bolting into the airport and to the nearest boarding counter.

"I'm sorry but is there a flight to Japan today??" Beomgyu asks and the lady nods.
"The passengers are about to board-"
"Which gate is it?" Beomgyu cuts off urgently.

"A7."
"Thanks." Beomgyu says before running off to the boarding gates.
He passes by people, not giving a damn about the stares he's receiving. He ran, he ran as fast as he can, his eyes searching for A7, hoping he hasn't missed the flight.