forty: PHONE NUMBER

After attending a meeting with some shareholders, Beomgyu finally gets to have some rest so he makes his way to his office, dreading to just lock the door on plop himself on the couch in the office but when he enters his work space, he finds a drink on his desk.

He tilts his head, then approaching his table to see an iced americano from his favourite cafe, with files at the side and a sticky note attached to it.

'I've finished the tasks you gave and here's a daily dose of tyunergy :3'
- Taehyun ❤️

"T-There's a freaking heart??!!"
"T-Tyunergy??" Beomgyu snickers, can't help finding the term cute.
A rosy hue tints Beomgyu's cheeks and he sighs, taking a sip from the iced americano Taehyun had bought him.
'He's really trying hard huh?'

+×+

Taehyun's typing on his keyboard as his eyes dart across the words on his screen when he suddenly receives an email notification.
He clicks on the tab, pulling it to screen to find an email from Beomgyu.

'Thanks for the coffee.'

"That's it?? No emojis?? And a full stop?? Sheesh, when did hyung get so boring..." Taehyun clicks his tongue in annoyance.

Taehyun hears a knock on his door and when the door opens, he quickly closes the tab and looks up to see Soeun waving while walking towards his desk, settling into the chair across him.

"Yahh Taehyun, can you take a look at this proposal?" Soeun pouts as she hands him paperwork which Taehyun gladly accepts.

"The marketing team is in charge of hosting a party so we picked to do the party at the Choi's private beach, the one with the lighthouse." Soeun says.

Taehyun runs through the paperwork only to stop when Soeun mentioned the lighthouse. He then recalls a few years back how Beomgyu once told him that he's never brought anyone to that beach, only Taehyun has been there but he shouldn't bring it up.

He then continues to read through the paperwork, scanning through each word and sentence in detail.
"What's wrong with it?" Taehyun asks, handing back the proposal to Soeun.

"If you're asking if it's a good idea, I think it's splendid. It could rake up our sales and promote our trainees. The proposal has no typos whatsoever too." Taehyun continues.

"Right?? But Mr Hot Headed Fuck Boy wouldn't agree on it. He didn't even scanned the whole thing. He just glanced at it and immediately rejected it. That prick!!" Soeun growls and Taehyun chuckles.

Taehyun continues to hear Soeun rant but he can't help but feel guilty because he knows well that Beomgyu hasn't been in his best mood and has always gone downhill ever since Taehyun came.

Judging from the bland email he received earlier, not even the latter's favourite iced americano can fix it.
Beomgyu's playing hard to get, but does he really think Taehyun would really stop there??

Bullshit.
"I'll talk to him." Taehyun offers, catching his friend's attention.
"H-Huhh??" Soeun mutters, baffled.
"It's a good proposal. If I was the CEO, I'd agree with it, I'm sure our shareholders would say the same.

I'll talk to him and I'll let you know kay?" Taehyun says in a reassuring tone before taking back the proposal and standing up from his seat, ready to leave.

"You're the best, y'know that?" Soeun says while the two walk out from Taehyun's office.
Taehyun smiles and nods before the two walk their seperate ways, Soeun to her office while Taehyun to Beomgyu's.

Taehyun knocks on Beomgyu's office door and when he hears a faint 'come in', he turns the door knob and pushes it open, and Beomgyu greets him with eyes wide, clearly not expecting the younger to visit.

Taehyun too felt like he's interrupting Beomgyu's sweet time when he's met with the older lying down on his couch, blazer off and tie slightly loose. He knows Beomgyu had just finished a meeting too and he's positive the only thing Beomgyu desires to do is rest.

"Hey, I just wanted to talk about the proposal from the marketing department." Taehyun says.
"What about it? I thought I gave them a clear no." Beomgyu says, sitting up on the couch.

"Uhh... can't you consider it? It's really good. This party could help us get more investors and even potential ones."
"No."
Taehyun sighs. He definitely knows why the older said no. The party was proposed to be held at Beomgyu beach.

"I know that beach means a lot to you. But just this once, think about it. Push aside what's personal for you and do it for the company. Isn't that the reason why you wanted to become a CEO?" Taehyun asks but Beomgyu remains silent, ignoring the younger.

"Can we go with the proposal? It'd do great, I promise. If it doesn't..." Taehyun drags his words, waiting for an idea to pop up, and seconds later, it did.

"I'll resign immediately, with no need of an AGM." Taehyun says confidently.
Beomgyu immediately looks up and shoots a baffled look, yet it piqued Beomgyu's interest.

"You'd risk your position for this proposal?" Beomgyu asks, clearly still baffled by the sudden challenge Taehyun had set himself in.
"Only if it doesn't do well..." Taehyun says.

Beomgyu leans against his couch, pouting his lips as he gives it a long thought.
"Fine. Go with it. But we're not putting your position on the line. You're a good secretary after all." Beomgyu says.

And just from that simple compliment, Taehyun beams. He then bows in respect, hiding his smile.
"I'll inform the marketing department. Thank you so much. We'll do well." Taehyun says gratefully with a wide smile on his lips, showing off his dimple.

Taehyun then hands the proposal and Beomgyu takes a pen out to sign it for approval and when he already did, Taehyun takes the paperwork back, and takes his chance to sneakily slip a small folded piece of paper onto Beomgyu's palm

"W-What??"
Taehyun leaves the room before Beomgyu could what's in the paper.
When he's left alone in his office once again, Beomgyu unfolds the small piece of paper to find a few numbers written on it.

It then clicks to him that Taehyun had given his phone number.
Beomgyu also realizes that the two never exchanged phone numbers despite Taehyun's his secretary. It's been five years, of course, Taehyun changed his phone number.

"Geez-" Beomgyu clicks his tongue yet he slips the small piece of paper into the pocket of his blazer.
"That's highly inappropriate, Kang Taehyun." Beomgyu mumbles to himself.

Yet, Beomgyu finds himself smiling and his heart fluttering.