thirteen: FRENEMIES

The morning sunlight seeps in between the gaps of the curtains but it isn't bright enough to wake the two boys up.

Taehyun starts to shuffle in his sleep, his body slowly waking up and ware of the blinding sunlight. But, he doesn't bother, he's tired as fuck and if he had a choice for the day, he'd sleep in and skip his part time job.

But of course, it doesn't last long.

Taehyun's phone suddenly rings, causing the blonde to scrunch his eyebrows and let out a groan in frustration. He decides to leave it be but it keeps on going off to the point it annoys him.

Taehyun grabs his phone from his nightstand and sits up on his bed. He's immediately awake when he sees the caller ID that happened to be his new best friend, Kai.

"Kai, hey..." Taehyun greets him in his groggy voice.

"Damn, you obviously just woke up. Soobin tells me you're an early bird." Kai giggles.
"I can sleep whenever I want to. Why'd you call?" Taehyun asks.

"Soobin-hyung, Yeonjun-hyung and I are about to hangout at the cafe downtown. So we're wondering if you and Beomgyu-hyung would like to hang out?"

"Please tell me the food and drink's are on Soobin-hyung."
"Better. They're on Yeonjun-hyung."

"We'll be there." Taehyun giggles before ending the call.

The younger then turns to his side, his eyes landing on the figure beside him. Taehyun places a hand on Beomgyu's shoulder, shaking it violently to wake the older up.

"Yah, hyung. Wake up. Kai and the other's wanna hangout." Taehyun says but Beomgyu shuffles away.
"I wanna continue sleeping..." Beomgyu says, slurring his words as he takes a pillow and plants it on top of his face.
"No. Wake up hyung, it's already past n- hyung!!-"

Before Taehyun can finish his sentence, Beomgyu grabs the younger by the arm and pulls him on top of him. He wraps his arms around Taehyun's small waist and buries his nose in the crook of Taehyun's neck.

"Five minutes..."

Taehyun's face instantly heats up, blood gushing to his cheeks, revealing a deep mad red shade. He tries struggling out from the latter's grip to pull himself away but even when Beomgyu's half asleep, his grip is strong to keep Taehyun pulled down.

'Gosh, how is his grip strong when he's asleep??'

Taehyun now realizes how close their faces are. His eyes fall onto the older's facial features. His eyes closed, revealing his long lashes, his strong defined nose and thin plush lips.

He's only sleeping yet Taehyun's heart races at how incredibly handsome the latter is.
'How handsome...'

How did he just realize it now??
Taehyun instantly face palms himself.

'GOSH KANG TAEHYUN, YOU'RE STRAIGHT FOR FUCK SAKE!!'

+×+

Eventually, after shaking the hell awake out of Beomgyu, they finally freshened up and went out to meet their friends at the cafe an hour later.

"Taehyunnie! Beomgyu!!" Yeonjun calls out while waving his hands.
Taehyun walks towards them while Beomgyu helps order his and Taehyun's drinks at the counter.
"Hyung, I haven't seen you in a while." Taehyun says.

"Likewise. By the way, we were just talking about Beomgyu." Yeonjun says.
"Hmm?"

"Y'know, it's already circulating that Beomgyu no longer has sex with his flings to sleep? Like they'll only go as far as kissing because apparently, these days Beomgyu can finally sleep." Soobin explains.

"Then what's the point of having flings??" Taehyun asks.

"Oh, sweet little Taehyunnie. Because these whites still jump on him and Beomgyu takes anyone who does. It's his bad habit after all." Yeonjun says.

"And now people are questioning why he isn't having sex with his weekly partners anymore." Kai butts in.
The three then all turn their heads to look at Taehyun, catching the blonde off guard.

"W-What??" Taehyun stutters, confused by the sudden heads turned to him and Yeonjun shrugs his shoulders.
"I guess there's good that Taehyun's Beomgyu's roommate." The pinkette says.

"We're not even sure if they're just roommates." Kai raises an eyebrow mischievously, causing Soobin's eyes to widen at Taehyun.

"Taehyun??" Soobin stares at him in disbelief and Taehyun rolls his eyes at the dramatic older.
"What are you talking about? We're nothing more than just roommates." Taehyun says.

"So, I'm not your friend?" Beomgyu asks with a teasing smirk on his face while he puts Taehyun's caramel machiatto on the table.

"Should I even consider you as my friend??" Taehyun snaps back.
"Ouch, Taehyun. After all I've done for you. I even walked you back from the bar the other day and you sometimes even cook breakfast for me before you go to class." Beomgyu says, pretending to be hurt.

"That's because I feel bad that you're not making use of the groceries you buy. Now, stop being dramatic will you?"
"Look at them bickering like newlyweds. I'm already single as it is but I feel more single." Kai giggles.

"WE'RE NOT TOGETHER." Beomgyu and Taehyun say simultaneously, glaring at their three friends.
"We didn't even say you're together." Soobin grins.

"Y'know I'm straight. And I have a crush on a certain beautiful someone." Taehyun says.
"Uhh, and you're just too blind to see that she only sees you as a friend and not more than that." Beomgyu says.
"It'll change."

"Dream on, Kang. We can see who she has heart eyes for." Beomgyu winks.
"Fuck off. Get close to her and I'll snap your neck!!" Taehyun glares.

"You won't even dare lay a finger on me. No one dares. Do you even know who I am?"
"And do you think I care about who you are??"

"And now they're back to being enemies..." Kai mutters as he watches the two roommates quarrel in public.

In the midst of the two boys fighting and pulling on each other's hair like those mean teenage girls, Yeonjun pulls Soobin by the shirt and whispers into his ears while maintaining his eyes on Beomgyu and Taehyun.

"Wait, Taehyun doesn't know??" Yeonjun asks and Soobin shrugs his shoulders.
"I'm as surprised as you-" Soobin says.

"I thought he knew Beomgyu's a chaebol."