thirty-seven: STRANGER

Hours passed and what initially was a bright blue sky soon turned navy blue with sprinkles of stars decorating it's dark canvas.

Taehyun finally glances over at the wall clock and sighs in frustration at how he just can't get his work done because he really has problems understanding the given framework to him.

"Shit, I might get fired at this rate." Taehyun mumbles to himself while stretching his arms forward.

Taehyun's tired, he's exhausted and he's craving for sleep but he knows well he can't and his trail of thoughts cut off when the door to his office opens, with Beomgyu appearing into the room, causing Taehyun to shiver and instantly sit up.

Beomgyu looks at the younger and how his eyes are still puffy since the morning. He looked tired and Yeonjun's right, Taehyun looked like he'd pass out.

"I'm sorry... I'm still correcting the report." Taehyun says as he types on the keyboard, eyes fixed on his screen.

Beomgyu stays silent as he watches his secretary while Taehyun feels uncomfortable, feeling the latter's strong gaze on him while his trembling fingers type away.

The older then walks over to Taehyun's side and gently pulls Taehyun's hands away from the keyboard.
"C'mon, I'll show you how to do the report properly. Pack your bags, I'll meet you at the entrance." Beomgyu says before he leaves the room.

Taehyun blinks, perplexed by the sudden situation. Nevertheless, he obliged and stuffed his stuff, including his laptop into his bag before walking out from his office, not forgetting to lock it before meeting Beomgyu downstairs.

When he reaches down, he finds Beomgyu outside leaning against his car. And maybe Taehyun stared at him in awe for a bit too long for Beomgyu to suddenly clear his throat and look up to him.

"Get in." Beomgyu says before getting into the driver's seat.
Taehyun nods before walking towards the car and slipping into the passenger's seat and soon, they drive off to wherever Beomgyu's taking him.

The whole car ride was nothing but engulfing them both in awkward silence.

Taehyun didn't even dare look across at Beomgyu, his eye remain fixated at the night street view.
Soon after, they arrive at an apartment.

"Where are we?" Taehyun asks, then realizing it's a stupid question.
Of course, they're at Beomgyu's place.

Ignoring the younger, Beomgyu gestures Taehyun and they both ger off the car before Beomgyu hands the car keys over to who he assume is his driver.

Taehyun continuously follows Beomgyu like a lost puppy into the elevator until they reach the penthouse, the highest floor.

"Make yourself at home." Beomgyu says as he steps out of the elevator.

Even when the older had said so, Taehyun can't help but feel uneasy and so unused to it. Especially in such a wealthy abode. It was never his scenery to begin with.

"C'mon, sit here. I'm about to teach you." Beomgyu gestures for Taehyun to sit beside him on the floor while he leans against the couch with a coffee table in front of him.

Taehyun nods and sits down beside Beomgyu, taking out his laptop and files to complete the report.
And Beomgyu... did just that.

He helped Taehyun complete all his repeats and taught him the proper way to type a proper report. He guided him from A to Z, explaining every detail and when Taehyun asked him questions, he answered them politely.

And about a few hours later, late into 2am or so, Taehyun finally completes all of his reports and had them sent to Beomgyu.

"Do you think you can go back alone? I can ask my driver to send you." Beomgyu offers but Taehyun declines.