forty-one: PLUS ONE

The day of the beach party.

Beomgyu really didn't expect the party to blow up, maybe now he doesn't regret not rejecting the proposal from the marketing department because despite invading his private beach for the day, the outcome was splendid.

Beomgyu of course, as the CEO, he's currently engaging with his investors and potential shareholders while the employees do their part of the job and Taehyun handles the guests, helping them to adjust to the party.

Everything's going so smoothly. The event opened up with Beomgyu's speech before proceeding with small performances from their trainees. Scouting agents are there too, in case they're interested to take in BigHit trainers, that'd rake up more investors.

"Taehyun, come here." Beomgyu calls out to the younger while gesturing him over and Taehyun does as told.

"I'd like to introduce you to Bang Chan, a very well known investor of ours. And this is his secretary Kim Seungmin. The other day, he wasn't able to show up to the meeting because he had a schedule. He's also a producer in his company." Beomgyu introduces.

"Annyeong haseyo~" Taehyun greets bowing.
"Please, don't be so formal to us." Chan chuckles.

"Here, my business card." Seungmin smiles while handing a card to Taehyun and Taehyun does as well, exchanging his with the latter.

"I'm impressed. It's a different kind of party but it's a fresh idea. Never thought you'd use your private beach for it too." Chan says.
"Who's idea is it?" Chan asks.

"The marketing department. Of course, it wasn't something I approved at first but my secretary here, Taehyun, managed to convince me." Beomgyu says and shoots a smile at Taehyun.

Taehyun can clearly tell through the older's eyes to play along and so, he nods.
"It's not easy to convince a hard headed like you." Chan jokes and Beomgyu chuckles.

"Definitely." Beomgyu says.
"Your mom would go crazy if a proposal like this was sent to her."
"Maybe that's why I thought it was a bad idea. But turns out I was wrong."

"How's your mom by the way? We haven't heard her ever since."
"She's actually receiving treatment."
Taehyun looks up at Beomgyu.

'Treatment?'
"Ahh... I see. Anyway, BigHit trainees are amazing as usual. Even you could've been an idol yourself, you're literally the same age as a few of your trainees." Chan compliments, switching the topic.

"I just think it isn't my path." Beomgyu shrugs his shoulder.
After talking for a while, Taehyun excuses himself to attend the other guests when he hears someone in the crowd call his name.

He looks over to see someone lightly running towards him while waving his hands and Taehyun's expression lights up.
"Heeseung-hyung!!" Taehyun exclaims as he walks towards the older.

Catching Beomgyu's attention as the older looks over his shoulder upon hearing Heeseung's name.
"You made it." Taehyun says.
"Of course I did. Can't ditch someone who chose me as their plus one." Heeseung says and Taehyun giggles.
"You're the best, I was starting to grow bored here."

"Well, now I'm here. So, what should we do?"
"I'm gonna attend a few more guests and then we can hangout, but I can't drink today."

"No problem, I'll meet you near the stage." Heeseung says, winking before he strides away.
Taehyun smiles before he resumes to talk to the guests that had just arrived without realizing the intense gaze from a certain latter.

Beomgyu clicks his tongue.
'What's Heeseung doing here?'

"Drinks, Beomgyu-ssi?" Chan asks, offering him a glass as a server passes by.
Beomgyu takes the glass from Chan.