sixteen: SPECIAL

It was around evening when Taehyun pulls the door knob of his dorm and pushes the door open only to instantaneously be greeted by the older who looks at him with concerned eyes.

He locks eyes with him. Shocked at how worried Beomgyu looked.

"How was it? Uhh..." Beomgyu asks, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Are you changing rooms?" Beomgyu mumbles while looking away but loud enough for Taehyun to hear.
Taehyun smiles at the older's shyness, finding it kind of endearing and cute.

"Don't worry, I'm not-"

Before Taehyun could finish his sentence, he feels his arms pulled and the next thing he knows, his body clashes with Beomgyu's as the older wraps his arms around his waist, the small difference between their heights got Taehyun to rest his chin on the older's shoulder.

"Thank you." Beomgyu says softly and Taehyun can't help but giggle yet soften at the latter's sincerity.
"Wow, you're actually thanking me for staying? What happened to the guy who swore to make my stay a living hell?" Taehyun asks in a joking manner and Beomgyu pulls away from the hug.

"A certain someone changed my mind." Beomgyu winks at the younger, catching Taehyun off guard.
"I-I told you, you can't try me." Taehyun stutters, looking down to his feet so that the latter wouldn't see his red cheeks.
'Gosh, why am I reacting this way?'

"Be grateful, you brat. Not everyone can change the kind and decisions of Choi Beomgyu." Beomgyu says, flicking Taehyun's head, earning a whine from the blonde.

"Oh? So, I succeeded? Seems like I'm special then." Taehyun giggles.
"Because you are."

Taehyun's eyes widen.
He clearly didn't expect that answer.

He searches Beomgyu's eyes for any sign of deceival or even a slight joke but no, the older was staring right back at him with genuine eyes.

"Hey-" Beomgyu calls out to cut the silence circulating them.
"Wanna grab dinner with me?" Beomgyu asks and Taehyun flinches.

"W-Why are you suddenly so nice?? You're scaring me?? Give me the real Choi Beomgyu!!" Taehyun exclaims and Beomgyu rolls his eyes.

"Stop being dramatic, will you? I've always been nice. This is my way of making it up to you. It's okay if you don't want to, I'll just grab myself tteobokki and be-"

"HELL NAW YOU AIN'T LEAVING ME, I'LL BE READY IN 10!!" Taehyun exclaims as he dashes pass Beomgyu and into his room.
Beomgyu chuckles at the younger's childish act.

'Cute.'

+×+

Beomgyu brings Taehyun out for a short dinner at one of the nearest restaurants.
The two boys ordered themselves the exact same cheese tteobokki and sat themselves at a corner while they talked. And talked.

And talked.

They got to know each other better and honestly, they should've done this way earlier.
Taehyun realizes the many differences yet similarities they both shared.

And maybe... maybe he can finally considered Beomgyu as a friend of his.
Heck, they've been roommates for what?? Two months?? They should've been friends from the start.

They even share the same humour.

After two hours or so, the two boys returned to the HYBE student accommodation building but before they both get into the elevator, Beomgyu stopped Taehyun from entering.

"I forgot, I've got to collect my parcel. Wait for me here." Beomgyu says as he walks towards the office where parcels for students will be collected from.