seven: DARKNESS

A week passed since that incident at the library. Taehyun and Beomgyu haven't talked at all. Although it's something Taehyun should be happy about, he really can't stand awkwardness.

But a week didn't change and Taehyun still had to deal with the animals having their heat in the bedroom beside his. He dealt with it by putting in ear plugs and a pillow over his face so that he can sleep well. He knows he'll wake up later than he intend to but at least it's working for him although it's less peaceful.

They never talked about Beomgyu's insomnia and Taehyun's sure Beomgyu would never open up about it.

He's asked Yeonjun about it once but the pinkette asked him to ignore it, since it's some peculiar excuse. To Taehyun, it really was something weird but then he recalled Soobin saying he haves sex to help him sleep.

He can't help but be more curious.
It's been awfully awkward even when they're in the same lecture hall during their combined classes but it's worse when they're alone in their dorm.

Taehyun knows he shouldn't bother but he's the type to easily feel guilty and that's exactly how he feels when talking or thinking about Beomgyu's insomnia despite not knowing it's a sensitive topic to the latter.

Another day, another tiring night as Taehyun walks into his dorm after working at the bar. There's a thunderstorm outside and all he wants to do is get under the blanket. He's not fond of thunderstorms, he despises them.

Beomgyu's had his eyes peeled on the television screen, not bothered by Taehyun returning. He takes a small glance before focusing his eyes back onto the screen.

Taehyun glances over at the older, surprised he isn't in his bedroom banging someone's ass. Guess he's giving Taehyun a break, but that's just wishful thinking for tonight.

After freshening up, Taehyun walks out to the kitchen, fully dressed with a towel hanging over his shoulder. He pours himself a glass of water when a lightning suddenly cracks, causing Taehyun to be startled and unconsciously slamming the glass onto the counter, producing a loud thud that catches Beomgyu's attention.

Beomgyu snorts at the younger's shivering frame, mumbling a short 'dork' that was loud enough for the younger to hear.
He didn't bother, Taehyun rolls his eyes before making his way back to his bedroom when another lighting goes off but this time-
It went dark.

The television switches off and the lights shut off. Beomgyu clicks his tongue at the sudden blackout, intervening right in the middle of the show but then he hears glass shattering from a distance and his eyes widen towards the sound.
"Taehyun?" Beomgyu calls out, rushing towards the sound.

"Tae-"

Without finishing his words, Beomgyu feels a pair of arms wrapped around his torso, a smaller trembling frame clutching him tight, catching him off guard.

'What the?'

He then feels tears soaking his shirt and he tries to pull away only for Taehyun to hug him tighter.
'Why is he...'

"H-Hey, are you alright?" Beomgyu asks, flustered by the sudden intimacy.

"Don't let me go, please..." Taehyun pleads, his voice coming off shaky.

Another rambling sound cracks and Taehyun flinches at the sound, whining in fear.
Beomgyu reaches his hands up to stroke the younger's head.

'He's scared of thunder.'

In the midst of the dark, thanks to the light emitted from thunder, he spots the shards of glass scattered on the floor. He would've asked the younger to clean up but he's surely not fit to do so.

Beomgyu couldn't process what to do next. His mind's clouded with thoughts of how Taehyun looked right now.
The younger looked vulnerable and small. He didn't dare raise his head up and continued to bury his face into Beomgyu's chest. He looked way different compared to his sassy self who would throw snarky remarks. He didn't look like the Kang Taehyun he met the first time.

It was a whole new different side of him.

But then the black haired male snaps out of his trance, bringing his eyes focused back to the shards of glass laying on the floor.

"Hey, c'mon, I'll bring you to your room." Beomgyu says and when Taehyun nods, he slowly walks forward, not allowing Taehyun let him go until they reach his bed.

Beomgyu lays the boy down on the bed and brings his blanket up to his chest in which Taehyun instantly grabs it to cover his entire face, still shaking in fear every time a thunder strikes.

The older then went to clean the glass bits on the floor with the help of a torchlight he held between his teeth, making sure he doesn't accidentally cut himself.

"It's dark." Taehyun mutters, repeating it like a mantra to the point Beomgyu starts to become worried and weirder out and a tad bit annoyed.

After he throws the sharp bits into the rubbish bin, he walks back to attend the younger.
He reaches his hand towards him and only from the slight touch, Taehyun reacts violently and smacks his hand away, causing Beomgyu's eyes to widen in shock.

'Gosh, what's he so aggressive for??'
"Hey, it's me-"

Another thunder strikes and Taehyun's eyes widen as pulls his blanket down and sits up to hug the older, snuggling his face into his chest once again, his entire body shaking in fear.

Beomgyu feels his body freeze.

"It's dark. I'm scared." Taehyun mumbles and Beomgyu runs his fingers in the blonde locks of Taehyun's hair, hoping it would calm him.

"You should go to sleep, your fear will go down once the storm is gone." Beomgyu says as he pushes the younger away, now noticing how Taehyun had his eyes shut.

When Beomgyu stands up from the bed, he feels a grip around his wrist and he turns back to look at Taehyun who still had his eyes closed, breathing rigged and head down.

"Please don't leave me." Taehyun mutters, both of his shivering hands clasp around Beomgyu's as if his life depends on it.
Taehyun gathered his courage and looked up at the latter. The older's eyes widen in shock, his heart rate picking up its pace as his eyes meet with Taehyun's doe dark orbs that twinkle despite the darkness.

Beomgyu sighs heavily.

Just as Beomgyu once told himself, everyone was peculiar in their own way, and he wasn't an exception.

Taehyun wasn't peculiar, it was normal to have a certain fear and he looked fragile. So fragile that he might break any second and Beomgyu can't help but pity him.

"Scooch." Beomgyu says as he slides beside Taehyun on the bed.

Before he could lay his full body down, he feels Taehyun wrap his arms around Beomgyu's torso, snuggling close.
For a second, Beomgyu scrunches his eyebrows as a sudden thought crosses his mind.

'Does he even realize what he's doing?'

It just doesn't settle right that Taehyun, the boy he's mutually annoyed with is hugging him on his bed.

He couldn't believe what he was doing but, he wraps his arms around Taehyun's waist after pulling up the blanket to cover their bodies. He draws small circles at the bottom of the younger's spine, hoping it'd calm him and when he slowly feels Taehyun's body stop trembling and relaxes, he notices that the younger had fallen asleep.

Beomgyu wants to leave, for the past few minutes, it didn't feel awkward with how Taehyun clutched onto him with his bare life but right now, it's just weird lying down beside someone who he's annoyed with, heck, it doesn't help that he has insomnia, what do you expect him to do?

Stare at Taehyun's face until the morning??

But for some reason, after a good few minutes, Beomgyu feels his shoulder not tensing as usual, his body relaxes and he feels his eyelids heavy.

'Shit, am I getting tired?'

'Why do I feel weird?'

Without realising, Beomgyu drifts off into the darkness, his hands still wrapped around Taehyun's waist.
Sleeping with the warmth of the younger in his arms.