fourty-four: TALK IT OUT

It's the weekends and Soobin and Kai decides to hang out at Taehyun's small apartment.

Taehyun's apartment really isn't much compared to theirs but since it's only temporary, it's more than enough for Taehyun. And maybe if he stayed longer, he might actually move out.

Taehyun comes out from his bedroom to the living room where his two friends are while he slips on his white shirt over his body, his two friends catching a glimpse of his toned waist.

"When did you get that?" Soobin asks, pointing to Taehyun's waist.
"Does it have a meaning?" Kai asks and Taehyun nods.

"It does." Taehyun says before sitting on the couch with his friends as they turn on the television.
But as they're talking while watching the sitcom on the screen, Soobin takes his chance to intervene and talk about something else. More like asking.

"How's things between you and Beomgyu?" Soobin asks, catching Kai's interest as well.
"You told us you'd win his heart back?" Kai butts in.
Taehyun sighs.

"It really isn't easy as it seems. At one point we're okay, then the next, we're not." Taehyun says.
"Taehyun... why won't you guys just talk it out?? You haven't even told us yet but Beomgyu clearly needs to know whatever the hell you had that made you leave." Kai says.

Taehyun rubs the back of his neck.
"I just... I'm not sure. I've tried bringing up the topic but Beomgyu would just push me away. Maybe it was the timing but he really seemed like he didn't want to hear it. How am I suppose to tell him? I broke his heart. We're done."

Taehyun didn't want to admit it but it really looks like what he and Beomgyu initially had was something he can never get back. He knew he broke his heart. They're finished for good.

"You two are the worse. One's being a scaredy cat, and one's being a stubborn brat." Soobin rolls his eyes.
"And Beomgyu's back with his disgusting habits... Gosh..."

"And you don't mind him fucking around??"
"There's really nothing I can do..."

Taehyun once stopped him and what did he get in return? He got sexually harassed by the older instead. And he feels like if he ever brought back the topic, Beomgyu will do something worse to him beyond his control.

Soobin glides his fingers through his hair in frustration.
"I'll ask Yeonjun is he can talk to Beomgyu about it. And I'll ask Yeonjun to ask Beomgyu if he can go easy on you." Soobin says.

Taehyun smiles and tilts his head, resting his head on the older's shoulder.
"Thanks hyung."

"By the way, how's that offer from Japan?" Soobin asks.
"Still pending. The secretary had just retired so now they're just going through the list of applicants. So... hopefully I'll get picked. My parents really miss me." Taehyun says.

"You were only here for two months and you're about to leave us again..." Kai pouts and Taehyun giggles, ruffling his fingers through Kai's hair.

"At least. I'm not disappearing. I'm telling you guys first beforehand."
"What about Beomgyu? Does he know that you plan to transfer?"

Taehyun bites the insides of his mouth, his head hanging low as he plays with his fingers.
"I think he'll feel better if I'm gone anyway." Taehyun says, crest fallen.

The room remains silent at Taehyun's down expression and Taehyun immediately notices. He then sits up straight and puts on a smile.

"But, enough of me. What about you guys?" Taehyun asks.

"Soobin and Yeonjun have been dating for three years although I'm sure you know about it. And I'm single but happy about it." Kai says.

"Well yeah, this dude here rather play cupid for his two friends here who are dumb to not talk out their problems." Soobin rolls his eyes.

"But, really... can't you tell us why you left? Maybe it'll help you ease out before you tell Beomgyu, if you're planning to of course." Kai asks.

Taehyun sighs, thinking he successfully changed the topic only for Kai to bring it up again but, he really can't blame the two of them.

He disappeared into thin air five years ago without giving any explanation to his friends. He didn't even try to reach out nor did he give a chance to anyone to reach out since he instantly changed his phone number.

Taehyun was reluctant but his friends needed to know, but maybe not too detailed about it.
"It's because of Beomgyu's mom-"

"That witch!! I knew she had something to do about it. That's it, I'm telling Beomgyu." Soobin cuts Taehyun off only for the younger to stop him again.

"No!! No. You can't. Please... I know it looks bad."
"Then why did you?"

Taehyun opens his mouth to answer but the words fail to roll off his tongue. So he pulls away and takes a deep breath in and out before continuing to speak.

"I made a deal with her in exchange for something that I can't deny."