His mate

I woke up alone in Abrahams bed. I had never had such a good night sleep. Apart of me feels like it was so good because I was with Abraham.

I can't believe that I almost killed him. If I would've let him drink that orange juice, well he might be dead right now. I of course want to get out of here, but I don't want to kill anyone doing so. Although I've tried shooting Abraham before, but that was before I actually knew him, before I ever had a heated makeup session with him.

Ugh!

I got up and walked out of the room and into my room. I took a quick shower and got changed. By the time I got out of the bathroom, Jacob was already waiting for me to get back in my bedroom so he can guard the door.

I sat on the bed reading a book when Rosalind walked in.

"I heard you got to meet my brother." She said as soon as she got in.

"Yeah.." I trail off. She sits on the bed, narrowing her eyes. "What did he say to you?" She asks. "When? Yesterday?" I ask, arching my eyebrow.

Her eyes narrow at me. "You've talked to him before?" She asks, her face showed emotion that I couldn't understand but I was sure apart of her was angry.

"Umm.. Yeah." I nod. "What happened?" She asks. I shrug, unsure if I wanted to tell her half the truth or the whole truth. "You have to tell me Alexa, I promise I won't tell Abraham." She promises. I bite my lip.

"Well Collison doesn't seem to like Abraham." I mutter, shutting my book. "Why do you think that?" She asks.

I was a little nervous to admit why, but apart of me felt like I needed to tell her. "Collison promised me something..." I begin. "What?"

"He promised he can get me out of here if I did something for him.." I whisper. "Like?" She urges me to go on. "Well like- like giving me some kind of poison to put in Abrahams drink..." I look at her nervously.

"You said no right?" She asks, obviously knowing the answer. "Well.. Not exactly. I took the poison, but I couldn't go through with it! I couldn't kill Abraham." I look at her, wondering what she was thinking.

"But you thought about it, you thought about killing your mat- Abraham." I look at her weirdly.

"Yes, but I couldn't.. I'm so sorry Rosalind! I just- you don't understand I want to get out of here! I need to!" I almost felt like my apology meant nothing to her.

She got up and left the room, not saying one thing.

~Rosalind's pov~

"Abraham?!" I walk into Abrahams office. "Yes?" He arches his eyebrow at me.

"Collison made a sort of deal with Alexa.." His eyes narrow, and he already looked mad. "What kind of deal?!" I couldn't help but feel like I shouldn't have started telling him this.

"Well for exchange of her freedom out of here, he gave her poison to kill you with.." His stares at me for a second before darting his eyes to the carpet. I follow his gaze to the carpet that was stained orange. "Poison she can put in a drink.." He whispers.

"She tried?!" I ask, shocked. "She slapped it out of my hands and left." He shakes his head.

"It doesn't make sense for Collison to have your mate kill you, I mean he can easily find a way to do it himself, or at least try and do it himself. Besides he wasn't going to kill you, he was gonna kill your mate." I point out.

He looks at me for a few seconds before his eyes went wide. "He wasn't trying to kill me, in fact he didn't think Alexa would go through with it.." He whispers. "What do you mean?"

"I mean what if he did all that to confirm that-"

"To confirm that Alexa is your mate." I whisper, finishing his sentence. "God Abraham! I told you shouldn't have marked her! Now he knows!" I spat.
He shakes his head standing up and walking out of his office and down the hall towards Alexa's room.