For a split second

Hey guys!! Sorry I haven't updated for a damn month but! Well I have no excuses besides the fact that I'm an utterly lazy slob! But whatever right?! Anyways enjoy and don't forgot to vote!!

I found myself getting mentally prepared for my date with Abraham. We had been with each other for what seemed like awhile but yet we had never really gone on any official dates. I had no idea why I was suddenly nervous but something told me that this date was going to be bigger then just a date.

Rosalind begged me to come over and let her dress me so I went ahead and came over. She took all day preparing my hair, doing my makeup and then hating it and redoing it again. That went on about 2 hours. After that she got me into a pretty blue dress that was simple with long laced sleeves. She put my hair up in a tight but cute bun and put some kind of diamond clip in the back.

For the first time in a long time I felt- well girly? I had barely any time to focus on my look and I had no idea how Abraham was in love with me. But he was, and I wasn't going to question it.

At first I didn't want to come over for this extremely long makeover that I let a 16 year old do on me, but I didn't regret it at the end, looking in the mirror.

It was around 4 when we had started. The time was nearing 7 now, almost time for my date.

Rosalind was finishing up her finishing touches on my makeup, humming along to the music she had put on a low volume in the back ground. "You excited?" She suddenly asks. I shrug, biting my lip. "Something wrong?" She asks, narrowing her eyes at me, looking maybe almost too concerned. "I don't understand why Abraham is- such a good guy." I shrug. "What makes you say that?" She asks.

"Well- I don't know, he's so giving and he makes me-" I was lost for words I didn't know how to explain it. "Happy?" She asks. "Exactly." I nod, she had a warm looking smile on her face. She didn't speak for awhile, looking lost in thought. "Abraham has always been this great person. I wonder how Collison and I didn't end up like him. He's been through a lot and somehow he still manages to be a great person. Becoming the alpha after you know- killing Collisons mate, he didn't want to take it." She shrugs.

"He didn't?" I ask, arching my eyebrow. "Not at all, his dad begged him to take it after Collison kinda went through his rough patch. Abraham felt so guilty and he hated himself for a long time and after finally giving in and taking the alpha position- let's just say it didn't go well at first." I bite my lip, thinking. "What do you mean by "not well"?" I ask.

"Abraham and Collison stopped talking altogether, Collison left and not far afterwards, our dad died. Abraham had a lot on his hands, and he was always upset. He hated himself for causing Collison so much pain." She murmurs.

"I remember him talking to his beta one day, he kept repeating how much he hated himself and how he doesn't deserve the alpha position. Not only that but for a long time he never really got outside of the pack house."

"Why not?" I ask, super curious. I had never heard this part of the story, maybe because I had only listened to Collisons, really. He had explained only his side and for a long time I thought Abraham was a monster, treated him like he was one too. But little did I know that he actually felt like one for awhile.

"He was afraid to find his mate. He was approaching the age you usually do find your mate. After Collison swore he'd kill her as soon as Abraham met her. He really believed Collison would do so and with how busy he always was at the time, he was afraid he couldn't protect his mate 24/7." She explains.

I was dumbfounded. Abraham sounded like his life was stressful for a long time. It was really nobody's fault either. Abraham didn't mean to kill Collisons mate and Collison was too hurt to have any remorse for his brother. It sounded like a freaking long stressful time.

"Don't tell Abraham I told you this, but when you came along, Abraham kind of changed. I mean before you he was doing good, getting better as the days past but- I feel like you healed him." She smiled at me. "He's a good guy." I whisper. She nods.

"Crap, where's the lipstick?" She asks, looking around her vanity. "Maybe I left it upstairs. I'm gonna go check but don't move! And don't mess up your hair or makeup!" She hisses, pointing a finger at me.

I nod, laughing slightly as she ran off.

I was about to look in the mirror and probably make my own touches to the makeup but before I could, someone walked in. "Rosalind?" It was Collison.

I hadn't seen him in awhile and although we seemed like we were in good terms, things still felt off.

"Oh." He looked at me slightly surprised. "Uh hey- Rosalind went to go get something." I murmur. "Thats fine. I just wanted to tell her bye before I left to my pack house." He says. I nodded. I still felt shocked that Collison was an alpha, but in a way it almost felt like he was always made to be one.

"You look- pretty?" He suddenly says before I can respond. "Going on a date." I shrug, tucking my lips in my mouth awkwardly. I wasn't sure if I was suppose to talk about Abraham and I with Collison. After all we had established feelings for each other not too long back and although it was only a quick second that all that happened, it still felt odd.

"Uh, with who?" He asks, making me laugh. "He's a lucky guy. You look- amazing." He reaches forward and grabs my hand. He than motions me to do a little swirl. I do so, my dress slightly flaring out as a twirled once.

A did a small giggle as this happened and for a split second, me and Collison caught eyes, and it almost felt like something was there.

I quickly ignored it and dropped his hand. He looked like he wanted to say something but Rosalind walked back into the bedroom. "Found the lipstick! It was under the couch!" She says, totally oblivious to Collison who she walked past. "Also I might've broken the couch- don't tell Abraham." She points out, looking up from the lipstick that she was examining. "Oh, Collison." She smiled.

"Yup." He nods. "I was headed out- just wanted to stop and say bye." He says. "Will you be back later?" She asks, hopeful. I'm sure she missed her older brother.

"Probably not until sometime next week. I have a lot to do." He says. "Well maybe I'll drive down and see you?" She asks. He narrows his eyes. "Eh I don't know, Abraham says you aren't the best driver." He points out. "Well I got my license so he doesn't know what he's talking about." She mutters, sounding annoyed.

"Anyways I'll see you later." She gave her brother a small hug. He was about to walk out when she stopped him. "Oh wait! Does Alexa look good? I mean I did her makeup and everything but like- does it look good?" Rosalind asks Collison. He looked at me, a smile on his face. "She's beautiful." It almost felt like there was a hidden meaning behind his words, but Rosalind didn't seem to notice. "Great! Now go I gotta finish up here." With that she pushed him out of her room and shut the door.