See how it goes

I wasn't sure what I had agreed to. I and Abraham would officially be something! A couple I guess?

I wasn't sure what to refer to it. I'm not even sure about much or if this is gonna even last. I just needed to see how it would go. I didn't want to tell Sam anything either. I wanted to make sure that I and Abraham would be a for sure thing before telling him anything.

So I told Sam that I was going to start working nights, even though I didn't even have a job and was completely lying to him, most nights I'd spend my time with Abraham.

I wasn't comfortable lying to my brother or leaving him alone at night, so that's why Abraham agreed to have 2 pack members watching the apartment well I was gone, just making sure that Sam was safe. I knew he would be. I just had a slight fear which was understandable, especially with the place me and Sam live at now.

So I was thankful for Abraham offering to do that.

It was around 7 when I headed to Abrahams. I wasn't sure what he had planned but he wanted tonight to be "special" still wasn't completely sure what that meant. I'd have to be home at least before 12.

I figured I'd let this happen for at least a month and see how I feel at the end of it before I tell Sam anything. I didn't want to give him false hope. Besides, Sam likes Abraham, so he'd be upset if me and Abraham broke up. Not that I think that will happen, but with the situation that's very complicated, I had my doubts.

I wanted it to work, though, I really did.

I drove through the regular path of trees that seemed to go for miles before I arrived at Abrahams pack house.

It was very dark outside but in the distance I can see werewolves with glowing eyes, looking alarmed in the woods.

Abraham had told me that they were there to guard the territory. Not only that but he had also mentioned that his territory went on for miles! I mean that's a lot to cover! I wondered how many werewolves were in his pack. He mentioned that most of his pack members houses were scattered around the territory so I figure there must be a lot! Right?

I got out of the car, adjusting my blouse that I had taken forever to decide to wear. I begin walking towards the door when I noticed the two wolves that were in sight, stand up and came out of the dark. They were a few feet away from me. I watched as they both bowed in unison.

I had no idea what the hell was happening so I just nodded at them and hurried inside the pack house, utterly confused. Why would they bow to me?! Like seriously, what the hell?

"Abraham? Why are your dogs suddenly bowing to me? They didn't do that bef-" I got into Abrahams office, bursting in to ask him about how pack members bowing to me. I knew he was in here, he always was. And I always usually burst in whenever I wanted.

But today I found myself slightly dumbfounded by who was in here with him.

"Uh-" I was lost for words as I stared at the familiar tall figure. I knew him like the back of my hand. "Hey, Alexa... Do you mind maybe going upstairs to see Rosalind while I finish up here?" Abraham asked. I didn't know what to say, so I nodded.

I stared at Collison who stared back at me with his beautiful blue eyes.

I didn't speak anymore, instead, I ran out of the office, completely shocked. Actually so shocked that I didn't obey what Abraham wanted me to do. I instead just walked out of the pack house, back into my car and back home.

~

I felt as if I needed to vent! I mean I just saw Collison! The last time I saw him, I was kissing him and telling him I couldn't stay. I literally thought that that would be the last time I'd see him, until today. Ugh!

I got home to Sam on the couch, scarfing down some chips as he played a video game, yelling at the tv screen each time his little avatar died.

"Hey, you're home early." He says, pausing his game as I walked in. "Yup..." I frown.

"Sam I need to tell you some things." I murmur in defeat. I needed to talk to someone and Sam was the only one here. Besides it was time just to give up and tell him.

"Okay, what's up?" He asked as I sat down next to him on the couch. "I've been seeing Abraham again.." I trail off, searching his face for his expression.

"I knew it!" He smiled happily and that's when I immediately regretted telling him. "And I regret it," I say finally. He frowned, looking at me in confusion. "Why?" He asks.

I wanted to not say anything more after that. If I told Sam the real reason, perhaps even the real reason for why I kind of had to leave in the first place, he'd probably think of me as some kind of whore. But I already started telling him, there was no stopping now.

"Abraham told you about his brother Collison, right?" I ask in a low whisper. He nods. "Well, as you know I met him, I use to hang out with him. Remember you met him too?"

"Yeah I remember, although you called him Cole at the time." He nods. "Yeah well- we hung out a lot during the time I was there. Despite everything Abraham might've told you about Collison, he's a really good person. I saw the good in him at least." I murmur, shaking my head. "And I-" I pause, unsure how to put this.

"Were you with him?" Sam asked suddenly before I can go on. "With him?"

"Yeah, like together?" He narrowed his eyes at me. Perhaps he saw right through me, he probably knew exactly what I was going to say the moment I brought up Collison. After all, Sam knows me best.

"No, we weren't together, we just kissed once. I had feelings for him. To be honest I think he's partly the reason I needed to leave that place. I mean Abraham and me are supposed to have this brilliant connection but somehow I was also having that connection with his brother at the time? I think I didn't want it to ever come to a point where I'd have to choose between them." I whisper, looking down at my hands.

I wasn't sure why I suddenly felt so ashamed of that, but I just was.

"So, do you still like Collison?" Sam asked.

I shake my head. "No- not that I know of. I wasn't even sure if I liked him before it was just a brief moment we shared." He nods. "Well I think you don't have to worry about choosing between both of them, I mean you know you like Abraham, and you aren't sure how you feel about Collison. Shouldn't the choice be obvious?" He asks.

I bit my lip. He was slightly naive but still- maybe he did have a point. I don't know maybe I should just keep going with Abraham and figure out how it all goes in the end? I did say myself that I wasn't even sure how I felt about Collison, we just had a brief moment and nothing more.