Chapter 11

We walked through the hallway heading towards the back garden, where Moor said the Choppper was waiting, I was still mesmerized by the place, I wasn't gonna see it again, so I just wanted to take in the beauty one last time.

Outside Marcos, Mr. Sullivan, Cameron and two warriors from the men who joined us for dinner last night were waiting for us, Jackson and Bright shook Hands with them and Thanked them about Their hospitality, all the while I was looking for the right moment to speak, and finally Marcos graced me with his usual smile, I smiled back.

"May I have a word Alpha Marcos?" I asked politely

"Ofcorse!" Marcos answered with his always on smile and sparkling eyes, stepped towards me then reached for my hand and laced it through his arm, then lead us both inside, leaving a curious audience behind.

He walked with my hand in his arm to the room where we first met him yesterday, then gestured for me to sit and proceeded to sit across from me, Then Raised a brow at me, encouraging me to speak, I thought here goes nothing, then spoke.

"You are with lea, yes?" my voice sounded a bit shaken.

"Yes" he answered calmly with his smile still plastered to his face, like a permanent expression. 'Will see how long he'll keep it there' little devil in my shoulder said, 'no no! we want it there' I told it... as long as his calm things will work out just fine.

"She is pregnant?" I meant for it to come out as a statement, yet it sounded more like a question.

"She is, how do you know that?" He answered, his voice still calm, his smile still on, but his face showed he was getting impatient.

"She should be here for this" I spoke, and tried stopping my voice from shaking, but it came out all wrong, Marcos was now fully alert, did I sound like I was threating his unborn pup?! I sure hope not.

I stood up and bowed my head a little with my hands raised infront of me, in an attempt to show I was not a threat. "I mean you no harm Alpha, nor am I a threat"

"I asked you a question!" he demanded standing up as well, his voice was calm but his smile was replaced with a scrawl. it made me nervous and I blurted..

"The baby is in denger.." Wrong answer, before I could finish the sentence, Marcos had me pinned to the wall in an incredible speed, even for a wolf, his fingers were around my throat pressing my back to the wall, and my feet barely touched the ground. I didn't struggle, my hands limp beside. I knew better than to try and free myself. me.

"Who the fuck are you, Who sent you?" he growled at me.

"Shes in so much pain, please" I chocked, but my voice sounded so broken and I wondered if he heard me,

"Please..." I pleaded again, he seem to look me over, then focused.. After a few seconds he let go of me, and I fell to the ground with a thud, I didn't attempt to get up again. He stepped away from me, but was assessing me as If I was a threat. The door suddenly flew open and Lea came rushing in, as if she had felt Marcus distress for her.. May be he had asked her if she was alright through their mental link or telepathy or whatever wolfs do... Anyway she looked at me in the ground, and ran to me, then offered me her hand to help me get up, whispering a 'Sorry'

"Step away!" Marcos shouted, reaching for Lea... it was now or never I thought.

I took Lea's hand, Took her pain as well. And when the energy hit her, she gasped, and that was when Marcos stepped between us, he held Lea in one arm and pushed me to the wall with the other, I hit my back and fell to the ground again.

I wasn't usually that fragile, but taking someone's pain away always leaves me drained. Add the nerves and two days of rollercoaster emotions and lack of sleep, well... I was proud to still be conscious.