Chapter 13 (Part 1)

Toma told me about Nathan, how he was a shy kid, but very outgoing when his around people his comfortable with, how he said random facts at random times.he was also very smart, he concluded

"His a good kid" in a proud voice.

After Toma left, i looked around the room. It was big, with wooden floor and walls, like the rest of the house,

There was a small seat at the end of the bed, the kind of seat that would open to a box. There was also a desk with a chair, the desk had a reading lamp in it. In the wall next to the desk was an empty wall shelf, to the right of the door, there were a dresser with a big mirror, and a stool. there were also two chairs with a small table between them, the furniture seemed to belong to the same set, all in dark brown with flower like carvings. The theme colour of the room was white, with magenta pink. The bed sheets were white and the cover was also white with small pink patterns, the bed had many pillows, some were magenta, some where white and two had pink shades patterns, the curtains covering the window were white with magenta stripes.
It was a very nice room, it lacked pictures or personalised items. On a second look, the furniture looked brand new.. The whole room looked like it was never occupied before.

After admiring the room, I emptied my Bag's contents into the closet, except for the picture It was picture of me and my dad at the beach, he was holding me in his arms with my head thrown back, my piggy tails were flying, and we were both laughing. I didn't remember that day, I was maybe 3. But it was the only picture I had of him. ,I was holding the picture in my hands and reminiscing, then felt my eyes growing heavier, I put the picture in the nightstand next to the flower vase,' i'll close my eyes for just a minute' was the last thought running through my head, before I sunk into heavy sleep.

A knock on the door woke me up, I rubbed my eyes and got out of bed to open the door, There was a boy standing, his hand raised up. Like he was about to knock again. The boy had blond hair and beautiful blue eyes.

We both stood there staring at each other for long second, he finally dropped his hand and his gaze. It was him,I could just tell, this was Nathan, my brother

I walked back to the bed and sat down, leaving the door open, and Nathan standing there.

"Come in, please sit"I told him, He finaly walked in and closed the door behind him, then proceeded to sit in one of the chairs. He kept silent, looking at his fingers.

"Am AJ" I introduced my self.

"Am Nathan" he said quietly, but looked at me with a small smile.

"How old are you Nathan?" I asked him, I knew already, but just wanted to start a conversation.

" Am nine, your sixteen right?" He answered and asked. I nodded at him with a smile.

I had a brother who was nine, I never changed his dipper, feed him a bottle and didn't baby sit him, did I want to? Yeah, it was a nasty business but still... that's what big sisters do, then I felt guilty, like I was betraying my dad by liking Nathan in the five minutes I spent with him. The emotions were too much for me to handle,My eyes watered and then I was sobbing, I covered my face with my hand.

Suddenly I felt Nathan pull me into a hug, he was standing infront of me with his small arms wrapping around me, he started patting me in the back awkwardly and whispering 'there , there' trying to get me to stop crying. The gesture made me laugh and he jumped away, Juuust great, my brother thinks am a loco now, what a great first impression. when Nathan looked up and saw my face he joined the laughter.

After the laughter had died down. Nathan sat down, next to me this time..

"are you PMSing?" He asked, okaaay someone needed a mouth filter, his question shocked me, but I answered by shaking my head no.

"I read that premenstrual syndrome, is a condition that occurs to females before they menstrual cycle, where they experience pain and mood things, I thought you had that."

What the heck, such big words, smart kid! I laughed, and he blushed, the I patted his head

"You're very smart Nate,and you're funny, we'll get along just fine, I know it." I told him with a big smile. And he smiled at that, showing a full set of teeth.and we dove right into the conversation after that.

He always knew he had a sister, but that I was in heaven, Nora had told him I was dead,why did she do that? Because she thought he'll never meet me, maybe... he also knew that we had different fathers,he was a smart kid, he just kept bringing up random facts at random moments. He also told me about himself, he liked to read, his favourite colour was maroon, his favourite food pizza, and I quote 'he could eat pizza every meal, everyday , till his last day on earth'. And all-time favourite superhero was the flash, because he was the fastest man alive and all, we argued about that, because I was certain superman was faster, the conversation went something like this.

"Superman is faster" I told him teasingly.

"The flash is the fastest man alive,JJ" he said matter of factly, JJ was A nickname Nate came up with, because he said AJ was a boy's name.

"buuuuut, superman can fly!" I argued.

"The flash can literally run between dimensions" Nate spoke smugly.

"Superman can FLY... between dimensions?" I spoke the last part more quietly, doubting myself, I didn't know if superman could actually fly between dimensions.

"Flash is faster than superman! " Nate said angry, crossing his arms,

"No he is not!"

"Is too"

"Is not!!!"

"is toooooo"

We were basically shouting in a playful way, when Jackson busted in with a frown.

__________________

A/N

Waiting for Superman by Daughtry <3

One of my favorite superman songs ever :)

Banner is from a future chapter, Featuring AJ and Jennifer =]