Chapter 18

I was looking out of the window when Nora started to speak, I kept my eyes on the passing woods and glanced at her and comforted her sometimes by holding her hand, but didn't interrupt till she was finished

She begum by telling me how she came from a large pack, she was the Alpha's Granddaughter, her Grandfather was the oldest Alpha to ever rule, He was strong and widely feared, she also told me how the pack had strict rules.

"Living with my old pack was like living in military school, I hated being a part of it, I miss them though..." She trailed with a sad smile...

Even her parents were hard on her, the rules were suffocating her, she wanted a way out, so she applied to collage across the country, when she got the acceptance letter, she was so happy, she went to tell her mother, who wasn't as excited , her family disapproved of her leaving, but she took off anyway.

"My mom wouldn't hug me back, as I was saying goodbye" She looked miserable and I squeezed her hand, she squeezed it back and offered me a smile that didn't reach her eyes, after that she focused back on the road, and I on the woods.

"First few weeks of college I wanted to experience everything I was forbidden to growing up. Like staying out late, drinking alcohol or dating, sleeping in and missing classes was at the top of list" she continued with a laugh, quite the rebellious wolf she was!

She told me how she met dad around the end her first year of college, he was a semifinalist at a different college, One day she was with her friends at a local coffee shop and this cute guy was sitting in the corner with a bandaged wrist, he was sitting there with his coffee and cheesecake, his books scattered in the table, he was so focused on studying.

"He made me so curious, I kept glancing at him, and he never, not even once looked my direction or any direction for that matter. Then he gathered his things and started to leave, he had so many things in his hands, as he was leaving an old lady was walking in, he put his things in the ground and opened the door for her, then held it open and helped her inside, even pulled the seat for her, then went back to get his things, he was so kind to a complete stranger, and he was definitely not flirting with her" she laughed, and I chuckled.

Nora followed him outside and gave him her pen, told him he dropped it, he insisted it wasn't his pen, but she said she was sure, just as sure as she was her name was Nora. He didn't even catch on at first, he didn't realize she was flirting with him.

"We he eventually caught on he laughed awkwardly scratching the back of his head, Am Joseph he said, It's nice to meet you Nora" she was smiling as she talked about how they met.