Chapter 28

It was almost 5 by the time I got back, I headed directly to my room and found Nate there sitting in the couch. I closed the door and sat next to him.

"Hey Kiddo, whatsup?" I asked him.

"You didn't say happy birthday!" He accused.

"Whose birthday is it?" I asked like I forgot

"ITS MINE!" he shouted "You forgot?!" He said looking realy hurt. I decided to stop teasing him.

"I didn't, here" I Said and handed him a small box that had his gift.

"What is it?" He beamed and opened the box in record speed. He held the Lighting shaped medallion in his hand and looked at me with the biggest possible smile.

"Because you little brother, you're the lightening in the thunder storm, the strongest best part" I told him and pulled him into a hug.

"Thanks JJ I love it!" He said hugging me back.

"Now you're the fastest man alive" I said in the best Berry Alan imitation I could muster

"I thought you said superman is faster" he teased.

"Yeah well, now you are" I smiled at him.

He turned around and I helped him put it around his neck, it had a strong plastic strap.

"Never take it off okay, it won't break when you shift, water won't ruin it" I told him and he nodded.

"Promise not to take it off?" I told him in a serious tone.

"I promise" he said "It has magic doesn't it" he stated. I nodded.

"Will it keep the pain away when I shift?" he asked wearing a hopeful expression.

"No, but you have this for that, here" I gave him a bottled water from my drawer, it was just water, but he needed the encouragement it provided. He smiled.

We talked for a while then he had to go and get ready for the ceremony, the sun was about to set, I showered and changed into a white off shoulders dress, Jackson had mentioned something about wearing white dresses during the event.

After I finished getting ready I left my room and came face to face with Blake, I pretended like he wasn't there, closed the door and started to walk downstairs.

"Am sorry" he spoke with sincerity, when I didn't respond and kept walking, he put his hand on my shoulder to stop me, but quickly removed it.

"See this is why I kept avoiding you" he said looking at his hand like he was in pain.

"What the hell Blake!" I said angrily and confused.

"I felt this electricity, that day when you almost kissed me, and every time you're near since then" he said in a small voice not looking at me but at his hand with bewilderment.