Chapter 17

I began from the very start but decided to skip a few details for the kids' sake, I knew Nora already knew some information...

"When I was younger, I had ...an incident, I was badly injured, three hunters who were traveling together saved me, they took me to a witch, her name was Suski, Suski was a healer witch..." I was cut mid-sentence by questions..

"You met hunters?" Nate asked excitedly

"You met a witch!!" Bella asked frightened

"The hunters rescued you? !" Nina asked shocked

"Common guys, let her finish!" Nora said with humor.

"Yes, yes and yes!" I answered their questions, looking at each of them, I could tell the kids had more questions, but Nora stopped them with her hand...

Bella raised her hand, it was so cute, I had to answer her question.

"Are there more kind of witches?" she spoke quietly

"Yes, there are three types" I answered holding up three fingers

"The Healers, the Elementals and the Anchors" I answered, I could see that I got all their attentions, so they didn't know much about witches then. I continued to explain...

"The Healers, they heal people and take away their pain as their name would indicate, the elementals control the elements, some can control water, some Air..."

"Fire!" Nate said excitedly, he was too excited for a werewolf hearing about witches. It made me smile

"Yes ,and some can even control all, the Anchors are the ones who control the energy in the covenant, help it circulate and such"

"Whats the energy" Bella asked this time she looked less scared

"The energy is the magic itself, it manifests in a form of energy, the Anchors keep it in check, when one witch has too much, the anchor help with the burden by sharing it." I explained further

"But how?" It was Nina's turn to ask , she looked funny, her eyes bulging and I could tell this was all new information, maybe I should give education lectures to the pack, they need to know more about the world,but maybe that's just presumptuous of me.

"They share it with other witches in the covenant, The Anchors keep everyone connected, If one witch is sick, they all share her sickness, so its distributed equally between all, that way if one is in pain he or she would feel only a small fraction, if one is happy they will share that too, the bigger the covenant The longer its member would live, they would be stronger too." I finished and took a deep breath, our food had arrived then.. we started to eat and I continued talking...

"Did you live in the convent, like a hole in the mountain?" Bella asked, pronouncing covenant wrong, and confusing it with a cave, it made me chuckle, she was so adorable.