8.Teasing eachother

Preeti POV

I saw Kiran coming out of restroom after washing his face. He looked so funny with all the cake on his face!! Oh goodness!!

For the first time I saw his parents. They are very sweet. When Kiran hugged his mom, she was a bit stunned. I know that he is not so good at expressing his feelings. In fact even I was shocked at the way he ran to his mom and dad. I understand that in all these years staying in hostel without his parents made him react so. I was very happy and excited as well to know his sentimental side.

Harish, knowing him from quite sometime, planned for this surprise meeting with his parents. I'm sure if it wasn't his parents' presence here, Kiran would have killed us for kidnapping him like this.

Finally, whatever we planned was a complete success. But what about my plan? I'm still scared. I know I love him with all my heart, but what about him? He was a playboy. I noticed it for the first time when he flirted with me openly on the very first day of our high school. I couldn't take his attitude. I started despising him. But little did I knew at that time I'll fall for the same playboy.

He's no more like that. He's staying away from girls. I can see he's not comfortable with girls around anymore. He just mingles with me and our group girls. I can see he's becoming serious and mature now but still, can I trust him?

What if he's acting? What if he's still the same playboy? What if he just ignores me and my feelings? What if he says that he considers me only as a friend?

I have had huge crushes earlier. But as time flew, they vanished. I don't know what this idiot did to me that I'm stuck with him and his thoughts since months. So I can't take his rejection. I'm sure it'll break me down. I don't even know whether I'll be able to recover from it or not! This idiot!! He managed to get attached to me so much when all he did was to annoy me. Sometimes I even regret feeling this way for him. But yea, I love him after all.

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned back to find Ritu sighing, looking at my face. I'm sure I looked like I have seen a snake or some ghost. She, sensing my nervousness, came forward and gave me a gentle hug. Her hug was all I needed the most.

I wanted some assurance that someone is there for me. She soon released from the hug and turned to my left. There was Shweta standing with a bouquet on her hand. She looked at Ritu. I saw Ritu calling her through gestures from the corner of my eyes.

She came to us and gently squeezed my hand. I smiled weakly.

"Everything will be fine. We are here for you. Go and speak up your mind Preeti. It's now or never" Shweta said with a genuine smile on her lips.

I nodded weakly. We discussed about the arrangements and they assured me that everything is perfect. I sighed in relief.

I turned back to find Kiran. I have to do this now. Though he rejects me, atleast I'll have the satisfaction of confessing me feelings. I won't regret not telling him my feelings.

I searched the entire hall but didn't find him. Sighing, I went to Harish and asked him about Kiran. He said that he's in the disco ball which is opposite to the building.

I went there hurriedly. The ball was crowded. Seems like the whole town is here to party. I scanned around the room only to let my heart break.

I saw Kiran dancing with some random girl. Just the sight of him dancing with his hands around her waist made my blood boil.

I was a fool to think that he's changed.
I was a fool to think that he likes me. I was a fool to think that he will agree to my proposal. I was a fool to love him. I'm still a fool for not being able to hate him yet. I'm a fool!!