40.Long

Harish Pov

I was training when my phone rang. I put the weights down and ran to my table to pick my phone.

It's 12.40!

And it's

Shweta's birthday today!

I remembered the last time we celebrated her birthday together. I purpose didn't wish her till 10 at night and through Preeti I came to know that she was very angry at me.

But I decided something which was totally different and the reward back was totally worth it. Her smile removed all the tiredness from my system. I couldn't ask more that her sweet and tight hug and her small kiss on my cheeks.

She was so adorable!

She hugged the teddy which I gifted her. She was looking so happy and carefree. That moment I promised myself to keep her happy life long. But I failed!

I failed miserably!

I was brought back from my thoughts when I heard my phone ringing again. I sighed and picked up the call not before looking at the caller ID. It's one of my friends from the medical crew. The whole medical crew and some of my friends planned to surprise Shweta with a cake.

They asked me to join in but I denied. I didn't have the courage to look at her after avoiding her like a disease for almost 3 months.

"Hello" I answered the phone.

"Hello Harish? Where are you?" My friend asked.

"I'm in my room of course. Where are you guys?" I asked in doubt cause they won't be calling me if they were in the campus.

"Bro, you missed the fun here. We are in the nearby pub. It's so much fun here. Why don't you join now?"he said, shocking me.

Pub?

Why do I feel that something is wrong?

"What? What are you doing in a pub?" I asked.

"Akshaya brought us here. She's throwing a party for her bestie. So are also welcomed. Join us buddy" he told in a slurry tone.

Are they drunk?

Wait! So Shweta also?

Omg!

"Is Shweta also with you?" I asked.

"Yea obviously. She's the one who is enjoying the most. Omg! Look at the way she's dancing! Damn, she's really a good dancer. I wish I was dancing with her. That guy is so lucky" he said and my breadth hitched.

Which guy?

I understood that he's talking about Shweta dancing with some random guy. Is she crazy?
Does she even know what she's doing? Is she in her senses?

Thousands of thoughts ran in my mind. I have to get her.

"Which pub?" I asked in a hurry, putting on my shirt and grabbing my room keys.

"The usual pub of ours" he said. I hung up the phone immediately and ran to that place.

She's such a kid. She always wants someone to be behind her and take care of her. Even in school days, she always ends up in trouble and I save her. It's not that's I'm complaining or something, it's just that she has to be a bit mature. But frankly speaking, I love her innocence and he cute childish antics.

I entered the pub only to get my ears blown by loud music. I'm not a loud person. I love soft songs and mostly love to listen to songs alone or with someone special instead of all this pub and things.