Epilogue 4

After 16 years

Avinash Pov

"Mom" I heard my little girl squealing calling for her mom.

"So proud of you baby" Akshaya hugged her.

"Mom, I cant believe I did this" she jumped up and down.

"You're our daughter dear, and we know you'll never let us down" I kissed her cheeks and she hugged me.

"Atulya, get ready now. We'll be late child" Akshaya said and she nodded her head running to her room.

Atulya is the little ball of sunshine in our lives. At the every first sight of her when she was born, she wrapped me and her mom around her little finger. She has an inexpressible beauty and that's makes me over protective towards her. She is brave to handle anything but still the father in me restricts her from doing some stuff with the fear of her getting hurt or losing her.

"My dear husband, get ready. You can dream about your princess after that" Akshaya pecked my cheeks and went to our room.

Today is one of the best days in my life. I'm so proud of my daughter. She just finished her tenth and it's her result day today. She secured 95% and we can't be any more proud of her.

"Avi, take this" Akshaya threw me a bottle of juice as she walked to the kitchen again. I gulped it down in one go.

"Avi, what the hell?" She shouted and I looked at her in confusion.

"What?"

"That was for the trip you idiot" she smacked my arm and walked to the kitchen again, in annoyance.

Today we planned to to go to a trip to Silvassa by car. My princess and my wife wanted to go there since my daughter's vacations have started but we both were busy with our hospital stuff. Atulya was very bored, so she joined guitar classes and I'm glad she's increasing her talent. She was always good at music and acting.

"Avi, here. Place this in your bag and get it to the car. I'll just check on Atulya if she needs something" Akshaya threw me another bottle of soft drink and went upstairs.

That's when my mind stroke! Damn! I didn't pack my bag!

Oh shoot!

I ran to my bedroom and took out a bag from the cupboard. Dumping some of my causal dress in it, I went to the toilet to get my other accessories.

I have become very lazy since Akshaya came into my life. She's very responsible and efficient that I never get to do any work. She does everything for me, starting from switching on the geyser to making my bed at night. She's completely become my reason for my existence and I love her so much.

Suddenly my phone rang and I saw its my dad.

"Hello dad"

"Where's my darling?"

"Dad, you called me. Atleast great me with a hello or how are you? You can't leave your son hanging just for your favourite daughter in law and my daughter" I said dramatically.

"Cut the crap and call for my princess" this time it was mom. They love Atulya more that anything and they are one of the main reason she's stubborn, just like her mother.

Sighing, I ran upstairs to her room only to see Atulya and Akshaya emptying her closet.

"Here" I forwarded the phone and Atulya's face enlightened to see my dad's name.

"Hey handsome" she chirped in excitement and Akshu and I giggled.

"Oh! You called me only to know my marks? I thought you were missing me!" She pouted sadly and I smiled, shaking my head. Atulya suddenly giggled and I raised my eyebrows.

She put the phone on speaker only to hear my dad saying, "like father like daughter!" Akshaya started laughing and I held my head low in embarrassment.

"Ok, tell me how much did my princess score?" My mom asked and I can see my devil of a daughter smirking evily.

"Guess"

"Oh come on, tell me already" my dad whined. It's so funny to see a Dean of a reputated hospital acting so childish in front of his grand daughter.

"Ok, so it's....it's....it's... it's" Atulya stretched it wantedly.

"Yea, it's" my mom was sounding so desperate.

"95"

"Wow! My princess is so intelligent!" My dad squealed and I laughed my ass off.

"My cupcake! I'm so proud darling" my mom squealed too.

"So where's my gift?" Atulya asked.

"It's waiting in your garden dear" my dad said.

"Wait, don't tell me you are here" Atulya screamed as she ran downstairs. We rushed behind her to see my dad and mom waiting at the entrance.

"Hey handsome" Atulya jumped on my dad and he kissed her head, catching her.

"My cupcake" my mom kissed her cheeks too.

"Wow! Can't believe you are here" Atulya squealed in happiness.

"You don't wanna see your gift?" Dad asked and he jumped up and down.

"Let's go" she ran to the garden behind and all of us went there.

My mouth hung open when I saw a swing in the middle of our garden. It was hung from the trees and was made of wood. That gave it a natural feeling and I liked it so much.

"Wow! This is the best gift" Atulya ran to the swing and sat on it, swinging happily.

"Thank you handsome"

"You're welcome princess" she blew a kiss to my dad and he acted like catching it. Akshu and I giggled at him.

"Dad, when did you do it?" I asked.

"When you both were busy with the  hospital work" my dad grinned. I now understood he purposely gave us so much work in our hospital since ethe past one week. Gosh! He's unbelievable!

"Cupcake" my mom called Atulya.

"Yes granny" she went to her.

"There is my present" she pointed at the corner of the garden where tables were placed for a mini BBQ.

"Awwww" Atulya screamed as she lifted something and kissed it.

Omg! It's a puppy!

"Mom, you're spoiling her too much" Akshaya complained while I was busy seeing my daughter caressing the puppy's back. She's so happy!

"She's my cupcake after all" my mom winked.

"This is so cute" my mom and dad went to her while Akshu and I saw Atulya hugging my mom and dad tightly.

"I love you baby, thank you for the precious gift" I back hugged her and kissed her cheeks. She turned red immediately. I love how she still gets so shy when I kiss her.

"I love you too my handsome man" she rested her head on my chest.

Avinash Parikh
Akshaya Parikh
Atulya Parikh