14

" Pretending to be happy when you're in pain is just an example of  how strong of a person you truly are."

~~~

~~~
...
...
...

IT had been 11 months since the confrontation with the Volturi and everyone was at peace. I had decided I would start another school year get myself out of the house. My life was getting back together slowly but surly until one day a  unexpected visit shattered the pieces.
    I jumped when a knock echoed around my room " It's open!" I called out as I continued to get everything ready for the day.  " Anna can you watch Renesmee today?" Bella asked as she opened the door a pleading look on her face. "Of course as long as she's ok with running a few things with me" She smiles at me and pulls me into a hug.
   " Thanks she's been nagging us about staying with you forever and I still have two essays due tomorrow." I laugh and shake my head my niece was something else but I loved her like she was my own. When Bella left to get Ness and her stuff I sat down on my bed and sighed rubbing my face in mental exhaustion.
     Ever since Alec had basically rejected me as his mate my powers where getting harder to control it was like I was learning to use them all over again. Just last week I had tried floating a piece of paper into my hand it was crushed and shredded before it got to me.
   I decided not to use them at all in fear of hurting my family or myself but it was harder then it sounded. " Knock knock..." a voice says from my doorway causing my head to snap up a small smile breaks onto my face as Esme leans against my door frame.
    " What's up?" I ask standing up and walking over to her. "Carlisle wants to see you in his study room he said it's urgent." I nod and fallow her out my door before I speed walk to Carlisle study/office. I knock three times on the door before waiting for a response from the other side. "Come in" I hear his muffle response from the other side of the office door.
     " Esme said it was urgent what's wr-" I stop mid sentence as I see many Volturi guards standing around the room and on the chair across from Carlisle sat Aro himself. My whole body tenses up as I see Jane standing in the corner with a pissed off face as usual and if Jane was here her brother was not to far behind.
    " Ah sweet Anastasia it's lovely seeing you again." Aro stands up and walks to me causing me to take a small step back. " Unfortunately I hate for us to see each other at such drastic times..." he continues placing his hand on my shoulder before turning back to Carlisle. " Now that Anastasia has joined us let's get to why we have come." He takes a seat while I walk to stand behind Carlisle just in case anything breaks out.
    " We've come to a bit of a problem in Volterra ." I nod to signal that I am listening and for him to continue. " We need help I'm calling you back into service Anastasia." I immediately straighten up and glare at him " No" I growl out my teeth grind together painfully as I lift my head up looking Aro right in the eye.

" I immediately straighten up and glare at him " No" I growl out my teeth grind together painfully as I lift my head up looking Aro right in the eye

" Find someone else I'm retired" I start to walk to the door when two guards stand in front of it with there arms crossed not letting me out. "You're the best hun-" A loud growl cuts him off and my eyes widen as I'd know that growl anywhere. Racing out the room I run down stairs to see Seth shifted in the living room crouched down ready to pounce as he snarled at the group of Volturi guards that stood around the room.
    " Seth!!" I yell walking over to him slowly not want to startle him to attacking. His head snaps to me and he relaxes a bit walking over to me. ' What the hell are they doing here?' He growls snarling at Aro and the other guards. I go to answer him when he whimpers and falls to the ground in pain.
     My whole body jerks as a image of the battle in  Alice's vision crashes onto me. Seth's lifeless body on the snowy ground all life ripped out of his eyes and his body hollow. " Anna!!!" Carlisle yells at me his hand wrapping around my wrist squeezing tightly and pulling me out of my daze.
   A gasp escapes my lips as I see what I'm doing I have Jane pinned to the wall three other guards around  her. I slowly lower my hands and take deep breaths as I try and calm down. " I see it is effecting her as well..." Aro says a grave look on his face. " What's that suppose to mean?!!" Esme asks and my eyebrow raises I've never heard her raise her voice but I guess when it comes to her kids it's different. " Alec has had some incidents with controlling his powers numbing half of the guard a few weeks ago and killing 10 humans that where bought in for dinner.." He explains and I feel a shiver ride up my spine as I think about the way the Volturi eat.
    " I'm sorry." I say looking at Jane begin the bigger person and apologizing for my mistake of losing control. She looks surprised at first but then slowly gives me a curt nod in response " It's completely normal for a vampire who have powers such as yours and Alec's to start losing control it's tearing you both apart from the inside out it's the mate bound telling you it needs its other half " Aro continues to explain as Carlisle leads me to a couch to have me sit 
     Seth trots over to me and rests his head on my lap not feeling at ease to shift back into his human form and willing to risk Esme rage about shedding which he denies. " It will continue to hurt you until you and Alec..mate" I feel my whole body freeze and Seth growls from my lap not liking this one bit. " Is there anyway to stop it?" I whisper my hands were shaking and I felt like I was going to have an anxiety attack. " Unfortunately no but there is a way to ease the pain you need to be close to him and not half way across the world." He states looking at Carlisle with a knowing look.
      " We bring Alec here or you go to Volterra...." My eyes widen and my mouth opens slightly Carlisle and Esme stand to disapproval but I hold my hand up cutting the both of them off. This was my decision and I need to chose wisely I look around the room until my eyes land on Jane she looks furious that I might have the guts to pull her away from her only family. This causes me to make my final discussion a small shaky sigh leaves my lips" I'll go to Volterra..." I state and stand up looking at Aro.
    " I'll help you hunt whatever this thing is  but on one condition.."  Aro looks surprised but nods signaling for me to continue. " We hunt on my terms...and the sun and moon covenant stays out of this they are all perfectly fine where they are."