11

" I'd cross an ocean to be with you. What makes you think I won't do the impossible for you."

~~~

~~~
...
...
...

WHEN Jane finally announced she was done with my look I give a sigh of relief and looked into the mirror gasping slightly at the darker attire compared to my usual look.
" Aro insisted that you join the guard immediately after we land. Hoping it will stop the attacks on you. After you step foot into the castle you are  a Volturi high guard on the same level as me and Alec." I look down as she clips on a cape almost identical to hers and gives me a rare smile.
" I will see you as a sister and you will see me as yours. Alec has insisted that you keep your Cullen last name until you are married then you will take up Volturi. He's old fashion." I smile and feel joy spread through my heart.
" Welcome to the family." She smirks and I smirk back. " Now there are some rules to begin in such a high position almost royalty. That's why the committee sometimes see me and Alec as the prince and princess of Volturi . They will come to see the same in you. Now when we are on duty you are emotionally empty no hesitation no mercy but when we are off duty you may act as you want in the castle walls. We act posh for a reason it shows others we are superior and to challenge us would be a great mistake as well as their last." She turns serious and waits for my reaction but I just close my eyes and smirks
" Act sadistic and twist but also elegant and graceful." I say and open my eyes clearing myself of all emotions and watching as she smiles in excitement and proudness.
" As I've said before Anastasia you are now one of the three of the Volturi's most prized jewels." I smile back and turn slowly not use to my hair begin pinned all out of my face.
" Shall we." I open the curtain that leads to the cabin when the captain announced we would be landing shortly. " Yes I believe so." She says her Volturi aura coming back over her like a black twisted veil.
I take a short breath and again clear myself of all emotions and lock them down to be open later in private quarters. Felix it seems has also dropped his veil as he sits at another seat stock still and looking coldly at the back of a seat.
" Ms.Volturi we are clear for landing." The captain says as we near the Volturi's private airport. " Anastasia." My eyes drift slowly to Jane who stares coldly at me as I must be doing to her. " Do well to remember what I said the Volturi lower guards will eat you alive for any mistake that is made." She smirks but I can see through her veil and take it as a heavy warning.
" They will do well to worry about themselves or I will insure that every mistake made by them will be punished by me ." I say surprised at the coldness in my voice but Jane looks amused and proud. " Yes they should." She smirks before going to staring straight ahead as I do the same. When the plane lands I slowly get up and wait for Jane to walk ahead of me to which she nods in agreement of going first.
When she steps down off the plane I fallow after pulling my hood up like Jane had demonstrated to me minutes earlier. We walk out into the sun and meet a few lower guards waiting for us but Jane waves them away and I fallow after her moving swiftly but elegantly.
No one speaks as we glide through the halls and into the throne room where the three kings sit on their throne. Aro looks up and smiles widely as he sees me and Jane come into view. The lower guards just as Jane had said stared me down waiting for me to trip or walk wrongly in some way.
" Anastasia!! It's good to see you are unharmed dear one." Aro smiles at me stepping down the stairs and walking towards us. I bow slowly pulling forward 1800's Anastasia to seem more graceful and light in my steps. " May I?" He looks down at my hands that sat still by my side and i lift my hand up elegantly placing it into Aros. He grips it softly surprisingly and gets a small distance look in his eyes before a deep frown pulls at his lips.
' Oh dear...' he sighs mentally before pulling back and looking at me. "I was indeed puzzled when Jane had informed me you had accepted my offer so quickly....now I see dear one....betrayal is a twisted monster.."He says out loud and it takes everything in my to hold back a flinch but I bite my tongue.
" Now let's move on from this terrible predicament!! " He claps his hands moving onto his joyful self and snapping his fingers causing two guards to step forward one with a velvet black box . " Now do you Anastasia Harper Cullen pledge to the Volturi?" He asks looking at me in the eyes for any sign of hesitation. " Yes." I stiffly reply but in a flash I show Aro my true emotions and thankfulness. " Do you pledge to protect the laws of all vampires fairly?" He asks again and I don't hesitate to answer the same way I had before.
" Do you pledge to fight and protect all these vampires that will look up to you as a high guard?" He asks gently and I see the quick softness in his eyes that harden before I can pick at the emotion. " Yes." I lift my chin up and my eyes lock with the one person I was doing this all for. Alec stood behind Aro Jane next to him as they both watch me and I look back to Aro quickly no one noticing where my eyes were as Aro opens up the black box and pulls out a long necklace with the Volturi symbol on the end. He gently placed it over my head and I feel a sense of rebirth as I relies I'm no longer a Cullen but in fact a Volturi or future Volturi....surprisingly it feels great.