16

"She conquered her demons and wore her scares like wings"

~~~
...
...
...

MY whole body ached and I sat against the wall my hands tangled in my hair as I took calming breaths felling dizzy and weak from the whiplash of emotions. " Anastasia." I jump into action when a hand is placed on my shoulder gripping the persons wrist in a iron grip but letting go when I see Jane looking down at me in worry.
" I'm fine I just need..." I can't finish the sentence or the lie because I'm definitely not fine and I don't know what I need. Jane crouches down next to me and presses her palm in my shoulder in a comforting way. It's silent between us as I try to gather my emotions to shove them behind my curtain. After two beats I jump up fear shooting up my spine.
" Alec.Wheres Alec?" I start to panic as I don't see my mate near his sister. " He's fine Anastasia.Felix is looking over him in the parking garage. Let's get you out of here." She gently placed her hand on my lower back guiding me towards the door but I can't focus my unbeatable heart is squeezing in pain as I'm still trying to crawl out of the deep depression I was thrown into in a matter of seconds. I hold my breath as we cross through the lobby the smell of humans begin too much for me in my weakened state of mind.
Everyone stares at us but I'm pretty sure it's not because of how horrible I feel or look for that matter. Our beauty and Elegance is something all humans are attracted to. This may very well be why most don't trust us, were simple to perfect for them to deem real.
Jane leads me to the entrance of the hotel were Felix waits for us a stony expression on his marble face. As we walk towards the garage together Felix offers to carry me but I dismiss the offer immediately. If someone were to see a high Guard at a weak point  it would be disrespectful to the Volturi.
We don't don't have to walk far as a black rang rover pulls up in front of us Alec in the driver seat. I carefully get into the passenger seat barely shutting the door when Im yanked over the conceal lips slamming onto mine. I raise my hand up and place it gently on his cheek tears stinging my eyes as all the brothers words come rushing back to me.
' Alec would never love a ex hunter...' The words burn into my mind like a hot brand. " I love you.." we break apart and he whispers softly to me causing me to smile " I love you too." And at that moment all I want to do is crawl into his lap and cuddle forgetting about what just occurred in that hotel room.
Seeing him so broken and emotionless would haunt me forever. He leans forward and kisses my forehead before grasping my hand intertwining our fingers together. The whole car ride is silent Jane and Felix whispers quietly from time to time but then fall into a long pause. When we get to the airport I have to let go of Alec reluctantly to help Holland shove the prisoner into the hanger of the jet we're both of them would be staying for the 2 hour flight.
" You move you die." I growl before turning away from him and walking towards the stairs that led up into the jet. When I step foot into the aircraft Alec looks up immediately it almost reminds me of a puppy excited to see his human again. Smiling softly at him I look to his sister who smirks up at me . She's changed into a causal attire as we are officially off duty. I bend down and slowly take off my heeled boots setting them on a empty seat across from us.
Grabbing my hoodie from the carry on I speed to the bathroom changing into it and letting my pinned up hair flow down my back. When I walk back out the captain is on the intercom telling us we are about to take off.
Back to Italy back to our home. I sit on Alec's left but not for long as I slide up the barrier between us and climb onto his lap not caring if anyone saw me at my weakest. He immediately wraps his arm around my waist as my head rests on his right shoulder my lower half curled up slightly.
" A game of chess brother?" Jane pulls out the same chess board we first played with when I had been on my way from America. " If you insisted on losing once more sister." I stifle my laugh into his chest and his chest rumbles with a chuckle.
" Those are fighting words brother. How about we add a wager to this?" I can tell by the way he sits up a little more that my mate is intrigued by this new twist in the game. " What kind of wager?" I burry my face a little more into his shoulder breathing in his scent of pine needles and old parchment which is heaven to me.
" If I win I get to pick what movie we watch on Movie night." I groan silently in my head knowing what movies she would pick. It's not like we haven't seen every Disney princess movie a thousand times because shes a child at heart. Don't get me wrong I love Disney but I like other movies besides the Disney princess!
" Fine. And if I win I get Anastasia all to myself for a week. No dragging her off to some mysterious fitting or wedding planning. Deal?" I turn slightly and grin as I see the crinkle in between her eyebrows as she weighs her options. " Fine." They shake hands and the game begins half way through the match I end up sitting up and burying my face into Alec's neck nipping it slightly whenever Jane makes her moves too concentrated to see how her brother reacts to my small teases.
His arm that's placed around my waist tightens and his fingertips dig into my hip and butt. ' Your going to get it when we get home.' I smirk and wink up at him knowing he would have to win this match to even get a opportunity to do anything. God I love family.
~~~
As we touch down I slip on my heels and take one more glance in my mirror nodding at my makeup before standing up and clipping my cap on carefully. Alec wraps a arm around my waist and we slowly descend down the stairs our hoods up to block the sun rays from hitting us completely.
Many lower guards filter through the hallways nodding to us in respect before slowly going back to their duties. Demetri jumps into our little group wrapping his arm around my shoulder when no one was looking but one hard glare from Alec has him removing it.
I chuckle lightly as we come up to the throne room doors. Jane leads us as she pushes the door open and walks up to the masters who smile at us. The three kings sit in a small space filled with books and a small table. Caius immediately locks eyes with me and I smile lightly at him. He nods and smirks at me which is equal to a smile.
" Welcome home." Aro claps his hands like a excited parent greeting their kids after school. " Now their is much to discuss but-" Aro is cut off as he happily blabbers but the newest secretary who scrambled in a shaking hand clenching her clipboard. But who could blame her fear as she stood in front of seven very powerful vampires who wouldn't think twice about a human life.
" You have a visitor sir." She manages to tumble out the words and I smirk slightly at her small figure. " And who would that be dear?" Aro asks impatiently already debating if he would order Demtri or Felix to do the job.
" The Cullen's sir." And just like that my happy life came crashing down.