3

" Sometimes the smartest people are the ones who've failed the most."

~~~

~~~
...
...
...

      When we came out of the bathroom I quickly pack up my laptop and walk over to where my family was boarding the plane. They all look at me in sadness but I just lift my chin up not willing to show any emotions.
    When we get back on the plane a envelope sits on my seat and my brows forward in confusion. Reaching forward I finger the paper in between my fingers before opening it and a wide smile stretches across my face.
    A navy blue rose sat next to it and a stuffed bat rested on the seat. When I open it I can't help the small laugh the escapes my lips.
" May this bat keep you company when I can not."~ Alec Volturi.
I pick up the plushie and hold it to my chest hugging it slightly wondering how my surprising romantic mate got onto the jet and left this here.

     When I turn back around to sit down my whole family is staring at me trying to see what is my hands which I quickly hide in my bag glaring at them before looking out the window watching as we get farther away from Alec

    The plane ride was dead silent and the one time I got up to get my make up bag all eyes turn to me as if I was going to jump out of the plane which was looking very tempting. I roll my eyes as I sit back down and start to put eyeshadow and lipstick seeing as I didn't need any foundation or concealer.
    When the plane lands I throw on my cardigan I had changed into and grabbed my carry on bag silently walking down the steps of the jet and into the gloomy weather of Seattle. When we make it to the parking garage of the airport we split up into different cars and surprisingly they all wanted me in their cars but I roll my eyes.
    " I'll meet you at the house." I grunt and take off into the woods I would rather run in heels then drive with any of my family at the moment. When I reach the wolfs barrier I stop and send a mental message to Sam that I would be jumping over to get to my side. ' Go for it Seth's on parole for Jacobs pack with Paul from mine.' He informs me and I jump over the riven I continue on my journey until I hear the pounding of wolf paws chasing after me.
    ' Anastasia?!?' Seth screams but I can't stop it felt amazing to let lose and run almost like running away from my problems. That's is until I'm tackled down my a massive blob of sandy fur. " Seth!! really kid was that necessary.." I groaned looking down at my broken heel " These were my favorite too!!" I growl ripping off my heel and clutching them in my hand. " Y-your eyes..." Seth wolf whines and then I remember I don't have gold eyes anymore. "It's a long story one I will tell you but summery is I didn't kill a human still on an animal diet but my eyes changed colors for a different reason." I quickly soothe him reaching forward only for him to growl at me and I flinch back
   " How do I know you're not lying to me!!" He growls and my heart clenches at my best friends accusations. " Smell me." I whisper knowing he wouldn't smell human blood in my system but he still bares his teeth at me and sniffs the air around me.
   " H-how...oh my god I'm so sorry Anna!!" He whimpers and I smile at him " It's fine ." I pet his head but then he jerks away from me and looks down at my hand.
    ' You only had one ring when you left...' He looks at Alec's ring and I hold my breath. " Seth let me explain everything just meet me at my house in 30 mins ok I'll tell you everything I promise it's been a long 7 weeks." I say and he nods nudging into my side before taking off. I sigh and take off towards my house not ready to face my family. When I come up to the house I roll my eyes slightly as I hear them arguing inside.
    When I push open the door it goes quiet and I quickly move towards the stairs only for Emmett to stand in my way. " Anastasia we need to talk.." Esme lays a gentle hand on my shoulder but I shrug it off.
    " I'm done trying to reason with you.." I whisper about to push past Emmett when Jasper comes to stand beside him and keep me from running. " You need to hear our reason.." Carlisle sighs and I turn around glaring at them all. " Hear your reason!! What about mine?!? You have no right." I hiss feeling my throat start to close
     " We did this for your own good Anastasia." Carlisle growls standing up " My own good!! Or your pride?" Carlisle looks at me in shock as I've never snapped so harshly at anyone.
   " Ann-" Edward starts but swiftly I round on him. " You above all people have no right to pull me away from my mate. I stood by you when everyone was against it and to think I thought you had my back." I feel moisture gather in my eyes but I don't take notice.
     " Annie you don't under-" Rose starts to say " Don't even pull that shit on me!! I have sat aside and watched as you all found your partners I was happy for you all. I have been the longest without finding my mate and when I finally find him you tell me it's wrong to love him that I'm naive and young hearted when you did the exact same thing when you found Emmett or Edward Bella. I'm tired of begin alone do I not deserve to be loved and have happiness!" Then I feel it something I haven't felt in 208 years a big fat tear rolls down my face and my whole family stops and stares at me in shock.
    " Oh my god..." I whisper quietly touching the wetness on my cheek.That's when I start to stumble back slightly seeing dark spots around my eye sight.
    " Get her to my office!! Now!!" I hear Carlisle and then I'm swept up off my feet looking up I see Bella was the one who at the moment is carrying me up the stairs.
    " Annie what's happening?!?" Bella asks me as she places me down on the medical table in Carlisle personal clinic. " I think it's a side effect of almost dying?" I rasp out sarcastically as  I clutch my head.
    " Get away from me!!" I yell as I feel my head start to pound knowing something's wrong with my gifts. " Annie I need you to sit still.." I hear Carlisle say.
    " GET AWAY FROM ME!!" I yell and watch in horror as everything around me starts to float. " Hold her down!!" I throw my head back and scream in pain as it feels like my skull is begin ripped out of my head. At that exact moment the windows around us shatter with just the movement of my arms they are blown completely away.
   " Oh my god...." my whole family stands up from hitting the ground to protect themselves from me.