10

" Think like a queen.
A queen isn't afraid to fail.
Failure is just another stepping stone to greatness." ~ Oprah

" ~ Oprah

~~~
...
...
...

     My family chased us up until we got to Utah and then they lost our scent due to the rain and snow.  When we got to a small ice resort they had a car waiting there for us and we all climbed in for the long journey to Boston where the private jet waited.
    The guards weren't lightening up as I tried to make small talk with them. They would just stare coldly ahead and not even talk only acknowledging me when I went somewhere or moved.
    They wouldn't let me out of  their sights even going as far as to stand outside the bathroom as I changed out of my soaking clothes.
    I tapped my fingers against the handle of my door looking out of the window at the passing woods and heavy snow. " Soo...." I whistle looking over at the driver and passenger in front of me seeing as I was forced to take the back. Having a conversation with them was like pulling nails out.
    " Jane will meet us at the airport and from there you are in her and Felix's care." The driver stiffly cuts me off and I nod toying with Alec's locket. As time goes on I continue looking out of the car window shutting my mouth and twirling my Olympian crest ring in my hand.
    ' They betrayed you...kept secrets from you....they never loved you enough to tell you....you were probably just a weapon they were keeping out of the wrong hands.' A voice nags in my ear and I growl lowly in my throat clenching my hand around the ring in anger.
    ' But they're your family....they wanted you to be happy....could you have handled the truth..." another smaller voice nags and I loosen my grip on the ring sighing softly before stuffing the ring into my backpack to keep safe but out of my sight.
~~~~~
    When we arrive at the airport one guard walked up to the desk to get the gate we where in and the other stood by my side looking around for any kind of threat.
    " Those young boys keep looking at you do you know them.." he grunts and I look over to where he's looking to see a group of male teenagers sitting waiting for their flight but all their eyes seem to be on me.
    ' Damn she's hot.' ' Id tap that' ' Is that her boyfriend?' ' dude she has a ring' ' I'm going to go and talk to her.' ' Anastasia?' I jump when I hear the last thought and look away as I see the one person I was hoping not to run into all the way over here.
     " Anastasia!" Seth calls waving to me with a smile my mind flashes back to when he was telling me he had been selected to fly to Boston to look at colleges on the east coast. I open my mouth to warn him to stay away from me but before I can say anything the guard is dragging me away quite literally as I try to look back at my best friend.
    " Anastasia!?" His face falls before going serious when he sees the two Volturi guards with me. " Hey!!" He starts to run towards me but I'm briskly taken into a different hallway.
    " Annie?!" I look at him over my shoulder and mouth to him two words ' I'm sorry' he stops dead in his tracks and stares at me in shock as the doors to the private waiting room shuts and closing him off and my old life.
    ' This is to protect you and your family.....forget about me don't fallow me.' I whisper in his mind and I feel the large amount of thoughts in his head but I quickly leave before I can read any of them.
    " Any problems?" I hear Jane ask and I whip around to stare at her but this isn't the same Jane that was in my room last night. No this was Volturi Jane and she had the ruthless aura around her like always.
     " N-" I go to tell her but the guards beat me to it " She was attacked along with her family by five individuals volunteers it seems. She killed all of them quickly except one and it seemed she was talking to him though I do not know about seems she took her time. Hunter is dead seemed they jumped him before he could intervene. " he speaks coldly and I catch a peak at his thoughts causing me to glare harshly at him feeling myself add pressure to him without realizing.
     He grunts and falls to his knees in pain as a crack splits onto his cheek. " I do not appreciate you considering me a spy or any other thing but loyal to the Volturi or my mate if you must know I was torturing information out of him since I was going kill him either way. " I growl letting go and walking to stand next to Jane who smirks at the mans pain before turning and walking down the steps that lead to the runway.
     " I do agree with Anastasia. Felix." With a call of his name Felix tears the mans head off and the other guard watches in boredom. I keep my hard set face and fallow after Jane into the Volturis private jet much like Carlisle but bigger and lavisher. Jane plops down on a seat and I take the one across from her a table between us. I coss my legs and look straight ahead with my chin tilted up a bit.
    " You can relax it's just going to me and Felix." She hums taking off her cape and leaving her in a black dress. " So I was told." I snap not meaning to target my anger at her.
    I sigh and hunch over resting my head in my hands. " I'm sorry it's been a long two days and to think that he thought I would betray the Volturi or Alec it just makes my venom boil." I look up and see she's smirking looking very proud of something.
    " Yet you handled that very well for a first time at begin challenge. I was surprised myself when he crumbled to the floor by someone's doing but my own." She continues to smirk and I roll my eyes.
    " He caught me in a bad mood ." I mumble uncrossing my legs and leaning back into the chair looking out the window as the sun shines in making my skin sparkle. " Are you any good at chess?" Jane breaks the silence and I look up at her to see she has the bored set up her begin the black side and me begin white.
    " I haven't played in decades." I smile gently picking up the white queen and admiring its beauty. " Well then, your move Cullen." She sits back and I smile knowing this is Janes way of trying to be a good friend and get my mind off my troubles. I move my pawn forward two spaces. " Your move Volturi." She smirks and the game begins.
After 5 hours of coming up with no winner since we seemed to be down to our two queens battling to get to the others King. I watched her every move waiting for her placement as she did the same to me ready to strike at any hesitation.
    " Jane we are an hour from Volturra." Felix says after checking up with the captain he sat back down next to me and watched as we continued playing. " Then I must draw a pause to this game. We have to get you ready." I sigh in frustration at the tied game and look at her in curiosity.
    " For what exactly?" I ask as she gets up and walks to the back of the jet pulling out a black dress with a evil smile. " Oh god.." I whisper in horror looking at the emergency exit door calculating how fast she was and how fast I could get to the door.
    " Don't even think about it...she'll catch you." Felix chuckles and I look at him for support only for him to raise his hands in surrender.
    " I tried to help Alec one time and ended up dressed and pampered as well." He gets a haunted look that doesn't really help my nerves.
     " Anastasia..." Jane taunts and I make a run for it only to be tackled to the ground. " No!! I hate dresses!!" I scream as she pulls me by my legs and into the back.
   " FELIX!!" I yell stretching my hand towards him only for him to laugh and shake his head. " Good luck!!" He calls as the black currants separating the cabin from the back shuts and Jane leans over me a giant creepy smile on her face. " Now let's get started."
She holds up a straightener and makeup bag.