8

" She wears strength and darkness equally well.
That girl has always been half hell, half goddess."

~~~

~~~
...
...
...

    I sat in the living room flipping through channels seeing as it was Christmas Eve Esme wasn't letting any of us leave. Earlier this morning I was attacked by Alice who looked over excited as she threw me into six dress and heels. Finally after two hours she found the one and then she made sure I was tied down to the chair as she blackmailed me and did my hair.
     When she wasn't looking I hooked up my thigh holster and placed a knife into it. Even though I had my powers it was still a comfort to have it with me. When she was finally done with me she kidnapped Bella who like me was only planning to wear jeans and a nice shirt.
     " Woah who you seeing tonight?" Emmett whistled and I glared at him before continuing flipping through the channels. " What crawled up your ass?" Emmett plops down next me and I sigh shaking my head and giving him a tight lip smile. " I just really don't see the point at getting dressed up we aren't leaving the house." I growl pulling at the helm of the dress that sat mid thigh.
    " Aw but I think you look cute." He shoves me playfully and I giggle lightly at him.
" Thanks."  And I finally settle on the news channel seeing the traffic jams in Seattle and some other horrible news they decided to cover on this happy day.
    " Dinners ready!!" Esme calls from the kitchen. I smile standing up and fixing my dress before walking into the dining room to see Ness ,Jacob, Seth and Leah all sitting down at the table ready to eat. Ness turns around and gasps getting out of her chair she runs to me and hugs me tightly.
    " You look beautiful auntie Anna!!" I smile down at her and brush some hair out of her face. " As do you muffin." She giggles at the pet name and twirls showing off her gold dress.
    " Aunt Alice help me pick it out!!" I smile and squat down so I'm eye level with her " Dare I say you look like a princess." I say and her eyes light up with happiness.
    " Like the one in your story?" She ask excitedly and jumps up and down. " Exactly like the one in my story." I laugh lightly kissing her cheek making her squeal and try to wipe my lipstick away.
     " Dose that mean I get a handsome prince?" She asks lowly hoping her parents won't hear but I presume by their wide smiles it seems they already have. " I do believe so in fact he's closer then you think just keep a look out for him." I tease looking up to see Jacob catching him looking at her lovingly and I can't help smile happily knowing my niece will be taken care of in her older days.
    " Now how about you go and eat before Seth and Jake eat it all." I nudge her to the table and she nods running off towards the table to eat Esme's turkey and ham. I lean against the wall and smile happily as my family celebrates the holidays but also a sense of sadness lingers in my mind as I see all my siblings paired up with their mates.
    I twist my ring around my finger lightly being comforted with just the knowledge of its presence. After everyone has finished eating and  Ness was bouncing off the walls to open presents we all sat down in the living room around the tree as Carlisle passed out gifts. I watch as Ness tore into her presents getting new clothes from Alice and Rose. She hugs the two and Jasper and Emmett. 
    Then she moves on to opening the  from Carlisle and Esme I can't help chuckle as she pulls out a old story book but the pure happiness on her face melts my heart. Then she moves onto mine and I hope she likes it.
    She squeals in excitement as she holds up a bracelet from when I was little it was something I would wear all the time but it was just rusting away in my jewelry box so I had it cleaned up and restored. " Thank you Auntie Anna!!" She hugs me and I pull her onto my lap. " Let's see if it fits." She holds out her wrist and I easily clasp it on.
    " What's this one for?" She points to a pair of ballet slippers. " I use to dance ballet when I was your age muffin. My mother would have a famous ballet teacher come to my house to teach me." Her eyes sparkle with interest and she continues to point at all the charms asking for there stories.  As we come down to the last one I can't help feel a pang of sadness hit me. " This one auntie?" Her little finger points to a small rose on a golden chain. " That...is a very special one. It's to remind you that you are stronger then your fears." She looks up at me and wraps her little arms around my neck. " I love you auntie Anna." I smile and squeeze her back. " I love you too muffin now go play."
     She nods happily before bouncing to her seat and playing with some toys her parents had bought her. Carlisle then passes me mine and I open them all thanking everyone who bought me something even if I told them I didn't want anything.
    After everyone had opened their presents we all started to disperses Edward and Bella took Ness home with Jacob and Seth left to celebrate at his home but not before handing me a dream catcher as a present saying he knows I don't sleep but it's nice to have in my room. I start to climb the stairs up ready to get out of this god awful dress and heels.
     " Anastasia.." Carlisle calls after me and I freeze mid step. Things between me and my father were kinda rocky at the moment but I was willing to mend it. " Yes?" I turn to look at him and see him holding a black box in his hand.
    " I didn't think it would be a good idea to give this to you with everyone around but this was left this morning by the mail man. " I slowly walk back down and lightly take the box from him smiling in thanks before walking back up to my room. I close my door and sit down on my vanity looking down at the box in my hand.
    With shaky hands I open it slowly and gasp in awe venom gathers in my eyes as I take the beautiful locket off its stand. A note sits under it and a large smile brakes onto my lips. ' Merry Christmas Anastasia~ Alec Volturi.' " I see you got my brothers gift." I jump about a foot in the air causing my chair to fall behind as I whip around to see a shadowy figure standing in the corner of my room.
     " Jane?" I ask surprised to see her again after the incident five weeks ago. " Hello Anastasia." She pulls down her hood and I can see the amusement in her eyes from scaring me. " Very mature." I sigh picking up my chair and placing it back into its rightful spot.
    " Indeed it was." She smirks and I smile lightly shaking my head. " Not that I'm not glad that you stopped by. But Why are you here?" I lean against the vanity looking at the girl in front of me as she looks around my room with great interest.
    " Aro wishes to make sure his soon to be guard is no longer in danger." My mouth parts slightly as I register what she just said. " What so this is a check up to see if I am still good and kicking?" She looks at me odd before nodding slightly. " But your not the type to do these kind of missions are you Jane? Your usually sent when someone is to be punished or destroyed." I whisper looking up at her and she holds my gaze before sighing in defeat.
    " The one named Lucas has provided us with some disturbing news." She takes a seat on my rocking chair I had in my room and for once she looks like a regular 15 year old girl. " And that would be?" I cross my arms and wait for her answer.
    " Someone is creating an army to move against the volturi." My eyes widen slightly " They are kidnapping vampires with unique gifts and forcing them to fight for them. Some like Lucas volunteer to join this army collecting these unique individuals and those who do will be severely punished." By the time she's done my eyes are wide. " Jane what did Lucas say about me..." I whisper squeezing my hands into fists.  " They have a list of people their ' masters ' wish to have and you so happen to be at the top of the list meaning-"
    " They won't stop until I'm fighting for them." I whisper in horror looking at the wooden box tucked away under my bed. " Alec was the one torturing him when informed us of this information and it took Aro himself to calm him down and not come to America to protect you." I feel my heart drop knowing I would be worried sick if I was in his shoes.
    " Jane...a box was left in my car and I want you to look at this before you leave." I whisper grabbing the box and setting it down on my bed before flipping it open and dumping all of the pictures on my sheet. Her eyes harden as she sees all the pictures and the note.
    " You need to come back to Volterra. Immediately." She whispers picking the picture of me as a Civil war nurse and I sigh in stress. " My family won't let me..." she turns swiftly to me and holds up the note.
    " This is a threat to a high guards mate therefore this is a threat to the Volturi itself your family is going to have to relies this. " she growls looking pissed at the mere thought of some threatening the Volturi. " When do I need to leave?" I whisper picking up a picture of me with all of my family.
    " Tomorrow Two guards will be here to pick you up if some attacks you kill them don't hold back they will take you and we cant seem to find a way to track them." She says formally before grasping my shoulder in worry. " Anastasia we can explain this to your family now or later?" She asks and I sigh again " Tomorrow when they pick me up might be best knowing my family they'll think they can protect me themselves." She nods and then heads to my open window.
     " A guard will be stationed here tonight so we are on the safe side. " I nod in understanding before she disappears in a blur. ' Merry Christmas Anastasia...' I sigh looking down at the scattered pictures of me throughout my years of immortality.