27. A promise to never let her cry

Evening:
Sanskar wraped up his work then went out from the office and sit inside car. After sometime, he reached baadi. He took a sigh and went inside. He knocked the door. After a minute, Shomi opened the door and she was surprised to see Sanskar.

Shomi: Sanskar, you here?

Sanskar : ah.. hmmm. Actually...

Shomi: oho, see, I didn't even call you inside. Come in beta then we will talk.

Sanskar smiled at her and followed her.

Shekhar was sitting in living room. He asked : Shomi, who's that?

Shomi (coming inside with Sanskar): Shekhar, Sanskar has come.

Hearing Sanskar's name, Shekhar got angry. He got up and asked: Now, what do you want? Once again, you are here to blackmail us to know something right?

Shomi was shocked to see Shekhar angry. She went to him and tried to stop him.

Sanskar looked at him but he knew that it was his fault.

Shomi: Shekhar, why are you saying like that? This is not the way to behave with someone. He is our son in law.

Shekhar: So what? Did he ever behave like that? No right? So, why should I behave myself?

Shomi: Shekhar, please.

Sanskar knows that Shekhar's anger is justified. So, he stopped Shomi.

Sanskar: Let it be Maa. He is right. He has all right to get angry with me. I was wrong. So, I deserve it.

Shomi and Shekhar gets confused listening him.

Shekhar: So why did you come?

Shomi: Shekhar...

Sanskar (sighed): Baba, I know you are angry with me but will you please give me one chance to say something?

Shekhar: No, I don't have time to listen anything.

Sanskar: Baba please...(Request)

Shekhar was adamant. Shomi sees this.

Shomi: Shekhar, Atleast listen to him na. May be he want to say something important.

Shekhar was still not ready.

Shomi: Shekhar, Please listen to him for Swara.

Hearing Swara's name Shekhar calmed a bit.

Shekhar: Ohky but only for Swara.
Sanskar (happy): Thanks baba, thanks Maa.
Shomi smiled at him.

Shekhar: Hmm, ok have seat.

Sanskar walked towards them and touched their feet. Shekhar got surprised by his gesture. He was shouting on him and he never thought that Sanskar would be calmed and touch his feet.
Shomi smiled and blessed him. Shekhar also blessed him unwillingly. They took their seats.

Shomi: Say Sanskar, what you wanna say?

Sanskar: Yes maa, but I don't know from where to start..

Shekhar: Come to the point.

Sanskar: Maa, baba, if I ask forgiveness for my deeds will you able to forgive me?

Shomi and Shekhar get confused by his words.

Sanskar (sad laughs): I know, I have done so many wrong things that you are not getting for what mistake I m talking about.

Shomi: Say clearly beta.

Sanskar: I came to know that Swara was innocent. She never did anything and I m feeling ashamed on myself because of my deeds what I did two years ago. I was a big idiot that I could not understand difference between wrong and right. I thought that Swara was responsible for everything and behaved so insensible and immature. That day, I did so wrong with Swara, she faced for the something what she never did. She could have hate me for that but she didn't. Because she is pure hearted girl and it's all because of you baba. You have given her those values. She married me for Arshit and loves him as his mother. I came to know the truth from Laksh and that was the worst feeling of my life. I was not guilty but I started hating myself for that. But you know maa, when I told Swara everything and asked forgiveness. She forgave me so easily
Still, I m not forgiven. I will not be forgiven till you both will forgive me because it was not only Swara who suffered. You also suffered because of me. I totally disrespect you that day without thinking anything and broke the marriage. I can never feel what a girl feel when her marriage get broken on marriage day itself at the Mandap and Swara had to go through all this but I know that her family also face the consequences and taunts of the society. Whatever I did was totally unforgettable and unforgivable still I want to say sorry for my mistakes.
( He get up and fold his hand in front of Shekhar)
I m sorry that you had to suffer because of me. I m sorry for being the reason of your daughter's pain, for the reason of her tears. I know that Swara is more than a daughter to you. I m sorry for hurting her so badly. I m sorry for reason of your pain. Sorry for insulting you. Sorry that you have to bears so much because of my one stupid mistake. I m sorry for all the mistakes I did. For blackmailing yoj. For hurting you. Please forgive me. Because your forgiveness really matters for me and if you are not able to forgive me then please punish me. I cannot do more than asking forgiveness. I know it won't change anything or correct everything in past. Still, it can make present and future perfect. I will happily accept whatever you will decide. (Tears in his eyes and he looked down with closed eyes, still folding his hand)