44. Hidden pain behind heartbreaking smile

Laksh: What is happening Bhai?

Sanskar: What are you talking Laksh?

Laksh: You know Bhai. Still, I m asking, what is happening between you and Swara?

Sanskar look at him shocked.

Laksh: Now don't tell me it's nothing. Cause I know there is something.

Sanskar: Laksh, there's nothing.

Laksh: Oh really, then why are you avoiding her? In two days, I haven't seen you both talking. You both are behaving just like strangers like starting. Come on Bhai!! What's happening? What has changed all of the sudden? Why are you ignoring her? And Swara is also ignoring you.

Sanskar: Cause I want to.

Laksh: What?

Sanskar: Because I want to ignore her. I don't want her close to me. So, I m avoiding her. I don't want to repeat my mistake being close to her.

Laksh: What mistake?

Sanskar remained silent.

Laksh: What mistake Bhai?

Sanskar: (whispered) I kissed her.

Laksh was shocked to hear that but he felt happy. But Sanskar's next word make his happiness fade.

Sanskar (continued: And it was my mistake.

Laksh: What? You are calling it a mistake?

Sanskar: Yes, it was Laksh. I could never imagine myself doing that what I did. I m regretting it.

Laksh: You are regretting for that moment.

Sanskar: Yes, I don't know why I did that. What was going in my mind? Why I couldn't stop myself and just.. (sigh) Swara is like my good friend and I can't believe I did it.

Laksh: Bhai, just answer me something. Does Swara meant nothing to you.

Sanskar: What are you talking about?

Laksh: Answer me Bhai!! Does she meant nothing to you? Is she just like a friend, Really? Ask this yourself Bhai and please be sure and honest with yourself. Doesn't swara affect you? Her closeness, Her innocence, her care, everything about her, does all that mean nothing to you? It means a lot Bhai. She affect you. That's why you kissed her. You get pulled toward her and you are calling it a mistake. The moment which is most precious for someone's life, for you it was nothing!! Really??

Sanskar: I don't care Laksh. For me it was and I don't want to say anything about whether she affects me or not!!

Laksh: Why? Because you also know that what I m saying is right. WHY Bhai? Why are you punishing her? A girl left everything. Her house, her family, even forgive you for your past mistake. She happily married you for your son but never expected anything in return. She care you and your family a lot. But never demand anything for her. And you can't give her small happiness. Her rights on you. Just because you are still stick with your past or you don't want to move on from your past.

Sanskar: Yes!! I can't!! I can't move on!! I can't forget my love. I loved Kavita and still love her a lot!! I never said that I m gonna give any rights to her. I m not going to give Kavita's place to anyone and you are talking about her affect right? Then listen!! She affects me. She affects me a lot that's the only truth I don't want to accept and never will!!

Laksh: But why Bhai? Kavita is dead. When will you accept that and move on? Swara is...

Sanskar: (sighed) Look Laksh, Swara is nice girl but she can never take Kavita's place. She cares for everyone. She loves everyone. She has forgiven me and married me. It was totally her decision. But what you think is never gonna happen.