A Key.

Chapter-3 A Key.

'My head... urgh!'

My headaches as if someone is hitting me with a hammer.

I force my eyes open, my vision is blurry at first, then clears as I blink a couple of times.

Slowly, I get to my feet as I regain my bearings and notice that I'm not in my bed.

The cold breeze hits me and makes me shiver and I realise that I fell asleep in the balcony last night.

I sneeze and quickly walk inside to get away from the cold, which is giving me goosebumps all over my body.

"Ayaat! Are you up yet?" I hear Yumna shouting for me from down the hall.

"Yeah! I'm coming." I reply, closing the door of the balcony.

I lift my head up to see what time it is and as I look up to the clock, my jaw drops.

"Oh my God!! I am late! Professor Huns is going to kill me if I'm not on time! Oh god! Please save me." Horror dawns on me.

"Yumna! Zoya! Why didn't you wake me up!" I yell while picking out my clothes.

"Come down first, why don't you!? well. I'll tell you why!" Yumna shouts back.

"Yeah, yeah." I roll my eyes, grab my denim jumpsuit and quickly start my morning routine.
____

I rush down the hall and grab my sandwich and orange juice and barely chew my bite before swallowing it down with the juice.

I could afford to skip breakfast today but I'd rather not wait for lunch, I feel quite hungry.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I say with my mouth full of sandwich.

"What do you mean?" Yumna rolled her eyes. "I have been knocking on your door since half an hour Ayaat" she adds narrowing her eyes.

"Ehehe!" I grin. "Is that so? I'm sorry."

I love them. Despite knowing about my nightmares and that I was the one who asked them to leave me alone, they still never complain, neither in the mornings nor after...they never confront me about this because they know that it makes me upset and I'd be distressed and troubled all day... they understand me so well. I do too.

"Okay then, I'm leaving!" I stand up drinking last sips of my juice.

"Wait! We're coming as well!" Zoya says and ran to get her bagpack.

"Then hurry up you slowpokes!" I grin as I put on my sneakers.
______

Yumna pulls her car into the parking lot and we rush into our huge campus. I speed walk to my locker and open it-

No!

A few of my books and some of my spare stationery scatter across the floor.

Why now?!

I kneel and hastily gather all my belongings but just as I stand back up, my head slams into something and I stumble back down.

"Oww!" I hear someone gasp.

"Ouch! Who the heck is it!?" I'm irritated beyond belief.

"First of all, I'm running late and now this! Why is everything going wrong today!? My head hurts, ugh..." I keep gently rubbing my temple.

"Sorry! Here's your key." I hear the person I bumped into say and there's a hand holding my keys in front of me.

I stand up and straighten my dress while my eyes move up to take in the stranger. He is wearing formal clothes as if he's a lecturer..but why I do I feel as if I've seen him before?