15th july

Chapter-16 15th July

Arhaan pov

I grab the doorknob and slammed it open, walked in and shut the door.
I gasp still my hands sticking at the doorknob. I turn back facing my empty house.

I release a deep sigh and lift up my eyes, I see the staircase...suddenly corner of my lips curve to give an unwilling smile.

My eyes roam around and stop right at the kitchen and as I walked in I remembered my tomato...

Yes, I call her tomato because when she blushes her cheeks turns red. like a tomato probably. The dining area takes me back to the time when she helped me to drink water.

Well, I can't stop myself from smiling.
I finally blink and sighed.

I head towards my room and slowly take my steps toward my drawer which is beside my bed.

I open it and my eyes start searching for my diary. I pick it up and trace my finger over it.

I instantly bring it close to me and gently pressed my lips against the blue-red cover of the dairy.

Hey! Boys do have their own secrets okay? The very first gift from my Ayaat. She gave me before I shift America.

Yeah! 8years ago...

My hand goes around the cover and I open my book and starts brushing each and every word written in it.

I let out a bitter chuckle.

We are childhood friends, my dear. It's been 8 years...after I shifted to the USA. I realized that I cannot live without you.

I know, I may have been young but love doesn't see time, place or age. Love happens without any heed to any consequences.

I came back when I was 19 and confessed my love to you. The happiest day for us was our engagement day.. when I was 21 and you was 19. And mine was the most when you accepted my feelings for you.

Since these years, the so hard times... I'm waiting for you. I'm tired of fighting with my heart. My heart first takes your name and beats later and in this case.. how can you expect I can forget you. I really miss you and today we have completed 10 years.. basically, I've completed and for you, it's 3 years maybe.

My eyes get wet. I quickly bring the diary close to my heart. "I miss you Ayaat...I miss you" I fell down on my knees while babbling to myself.

"Our memories, our promises.. gives me strength and that's why.." I sniff.

"...and that's why I'm here meeting you as if we are stranger... it's hard but I'll do whatever it takes me to get you back in my life..."

I sniff and wipes my tears roughly with my sleeve.

"I came here just for the two reasons..one is to meet you and second is to solve a case in which Danyal is failing."

I keep my diary inside the drawer. I start feeling suffocated so I decided to get some fresh air. So I decided to go near the window but I ain't satisfied.

I splash some water on my face and breathe slowly. I open my eyes and sighed looking in the mirror which is right in front of me.

I sighed again and walked out of the room and heard a doorbell.

I ran down to see who is it.
I open the door and boom..there comes my little sister, Sofia.

"Yo bro! I am at home. On-time though" She giggled walking in and hugs me bringing a wide smile on my face.