Hazel nut

Chapter-10 HAZELNUT

My tiny heart and brain were numbed for some time. Did I ever fall in love? I feel so confident to agree at this point that I do.. as I love someone but who? Why do I always feel so sure? And if I do then who is it?

Yes, I love my friends and brothers..but this feeling always makes me remember just one thing- the first night of snowfall.

I blink and my eye drops a tear and startles as I realized Uzair snaps his finger in front of me.

"What happens?" Uzair asked with a frown, looks really confused. Of course, he'd be confused looking at my unreadable face.

I feel so overwhelmed by this word and sometimes I feel so sad that I even start crying literally like a pin poking in my heart like I miss someone.

"Ayaat? Hello?" He shakes me this time.

"Y..yea" I utter. Why am I completely blank.

Omg not again, my head..not again.
Why am I born with such bad head which always hurts?

"A-ah! my head" I hesitates and try to catch my head with my hands.

My eyes shut as the pain is severe and my brain suddenly starts hallucinating... I guess.

I see a guy who is smiling at me asking me to hold his hand forever and I accept his kindness.

Who was he? What kind of memories am I getting?

I start feeling dizzy and was about to fall but before I fall, Zain catches me and helped me to sit on the bed.

Uzair gives me a glass of water.
I try to hold the glass with my hands still shaking. Finally, I take a few sips and took a deep breath.

"Are you alright?" Zain asks getting tensed. "Ye-Yea! I..I'm fine.." I say with a weak smile.

"Is this happening because of me?" Uzair asks with confusion but more he's scared.

"No..umm..not at all" I state with another forced smile.

"Are you sure? I guess you should take rest.." Uzair tries to change the atmosphere but before there's a knock on the door.

Mr Slatter comes in. "The guests have come, your dad is calling you all downstairs." She says and leaves.

"Oh! okay then Ayaat, when I call you..you can come down." He said and I nod and they both left.

I got up from my bed and walked in my balcony. I seriously need some fresh air right now.

What was that? And who was that? Does my head hit with a strange memory which I don't even remember? Who was that guy? Why do I feel so sad hearing that four-letter word?

uh! And not to forget...my poor head.

I shake my head trying to clear the mess of my head. All of a sudden something catches my eye while I close the door of the balcony. It's a worn down, the violet cover of a book, sitting alone on a shelf.

I walk towards it and pick it up. It looks well-loved. I open the cover and it turns out to be a photo album.

I open it and while looking at the pictures I walk and sat on my chair. As I went through the pictures I saw a guy next to me looks like a close to me.

Oh! I remember it's hazelnut, my childhood friend. I smile unconsciously as I'm recollecting my childhood memories.

Ah! Mr.Nijaat who is our guest today is none other than hazelnut's father. It's been probably 8 years I didn't see him. Yeah, it's been very long since I'm not in contact with him. But when did I maintained a photo album?

I stare at the photograph for a couple of seconds and suddenly realize that he's similar to Mr.Arhaan.

Wait...

Mr Nijat is the father of hazelnut..and a couple of days ago Zoya said me that Mr Arhaan is the son of the famous psychiatrist of Istanbul...

My eyes go wide knowing that he's hazelnut. Well, this will be awkward the one who's my childhood so cute friend turns out to be my lecturer for a month.

I can't believe. Did he not remember me? Obviously, he didn't I guess, last we saw each other was about 8 years ago... where he left me alone here in Istanbul and went to America when I was 12 years old.

I got interrupted from the knock at the door again.

"Yeah come in," I say and close the album.

"Dear, Zain is saying you to be ready and come down within 5mins." Mrs Slatter informs me.

"Ohkay" I nod and she smiles and leaves.

I drag my self to the dressing table and got ready, I usually don't do makeup so I gave a Natural look and just added a light colour to my lips.

I am wearing a navy blue colour dress which flows lil beyond my knee and black leggings which matches the sleeves. I took the dupatta neatly made it fall over my shoulder.

I walk down and there are my brothers and dad on the left side of the sofa and there are Uncle and Aunt.

"Assalamualaikum." I greet and sit near the Aunt. They asked how am I and what am I doing?

They were so sweet with me, the aunty was so sweet and cared like a mother it feels so good. I want to ask about Hazelnut but then I kept quiet what if they feel strange.

After an hour they leave.

"Who were they?" I ask Uzair.

"A guest" he shrugged.

"Ah! I know but who are we to them? I mean what's our relation with them? They seem like a family, but it's like I saw them somewhere, but where I don't know.." I say biting my lips such that I won't burst out laughing because I know who were they.. and I want to hear it from them.

"umm... Zain can answer" Uzair calls Zain.

"Zain who were they"? I ask.

"A guest," he says.

I narrow my eyes hearing their lame replies. "Anyways, I know who were they." I grinned.

I can see both of my brother's jaws are dropped.

"My memory isn't that poor, I know Nijaat uncle is dad's best friend and..."

"Your in-laws" dad interrupts.

I can see Uzair banging his head with his fist.

I turn around and look at dad.

"What!?" My eyes lit up.

Dad looks at me and leaves.

"What was that?"

From a distance they watch each other giving furtive glances."As you know he has a habit of speaking rubbish every time. So forget it" Zain shrugged.

"What!?" Am I looking you that mad?" I say rolling my eyes

"Ayaat can you bring me some water" Zain started choking.

I stare at them for a few seconds and went to get some water.

What's going on? They are just our family friends even I know. Drop this but what if Arhaan recollects.. ooohhh

I see this is why he showed up and helped me when Danyal was pranking me... oh shit this is and will be really awkward.
________

Thank you Soo much for voting and please don't forget to vote and comment what do think will ayaat know who were they? Will ayaat know why she feels depressed when talking about love?
Stay tuned
Xoxo.
And yes sorry to upload late :)