the balcony

Chapter-9 the balcony

Me, Zain, Uzair, Yumna and Zoya we're talking about what we liked the most.

The beautiful evening and it could be more beautiful for zain. Obviously. For a moment I was lost in my own thoughts. My smile gradually disappears and my breath eventually catches. I started sweating and I quickly grab uzair's arm as I hear the footsteps of dad's.

"What's wrong?" Uzair wonders and asked. I breathe sharply "Shhhh!! D..d..ad's com..ing" I swallow hard as I sense his footsteps getting closer whilst my grips tighten.

"Why is she so scared?" Zoya asks.
"What do you expect after what all happened before the ceremony." Uzair sighed in disappointment.

"what do you think of yourself? Ayaat?" Dad yells. I startle and shut my eyes.

Mom, please open the door I'm really scared here it's way too much dark in this room! M-mom.. dad..open the door, please...Zain, Uzair please help me. I'll never be mad at you.. please open the door. I'm scared mom!! please... I cried and scream my lungs out when my dad discriminates me and locks me in a dark room even after knowing that I'm claustrophobic. My childhood was worst of worst and now even my adolescence looks even more worst.

"I do..don't wa..nt to get loc..ked again" I hesitate and my grip on his arm tightens more. As dad stands in front

"Dad! Don't start again please." Uzair tells him but dad smirked in reply.

I barely open my eyes and the first thing I saw that Yumna clenching her jaw. I wonder what is making her that angry.

"My heart isn't that big to forgive you!" Dad points to me.

What is he talking about? What did I do? I stood up at the same place where I was while looking at him blankly still hesitating to but I need to be strong. I promised my mom that'll be strong.

"Dad" I whisper and gulps.

"What did I do? Why do you keep saying that you won't spare me?... Why do you always tell me mom died because of me?... What did I do?" My sobs slowly turn into occasional hiccups.

I try to go near him meanwhile he grabs both of my arms.

"Don't act too smart. I know that you know everything but you are still pretending as if you don't know anything!"I shut my eyes as dad shouts exclusively.

"STOP IT, DAD! Enough!" Uzair yells.

"If you say even one word then I'll forget that you are my dad!" Uzair snaps dad to shut.

I went completely paled as dad glares at me before he leaves.

"What are you all hiding from me?" I ask not bothered to wipe my face.

They didn't respond.

"I asked for something!" I yelled but they did not even utter a word.

"First go and change. I'll come after 15mins and then we'll talk about it." Zain sighed and leaves.

I shut the door badly. I got changed and sat on my indoor swing. As I cross my arms I feel the pain.

"Ouch!" My arms hurt and I recollect what happen with me today. First dad and then Danyal's stupid prank.

I don't know why the heck I was born.

I can hear a creepy sound from my balcony. Omg! Who ut can be... I got holding the cushion... I walk close to the balcony.

As I'm ready to hit whoever it is.. my eyes widen as he defenced himself "you" I scream.

"Shhh" he holds my mouth. "Lower your pitch honey" he winks.