Story 5: Hell's Playground

A/N: Inspired by the narration of Cry reads

Jungkook's Pov

The playground is one of the most exciting and most adventurous for any child in the neighborhood, it was a safe place, so safe parents even let their children walk alone to the area but still had to go inside till dark.

The playground was like any children would like to play in, a row of swing-sets, multiple slides, monkey bars, and many more, it was paradise for us.

What I liked most of the playground is the tubes, each tube leads to other tubes, I liked them because I can be able to get lost in them.

So filled with joy and curiosity to find in the other side, all the children would come out of school, go home to do their homework, once they're done they come here all day long.

I hang with my two best friends, Taehyung and Jimin.

The three of us would play in the playground too, we also created this one game.

It was called murder.

It was a combination of tag and hide and seek, the rules is simple but if the seeker finds you, they murder you, its made up so we dramatically pretend to make dying noises.

Today was one of those days, I got home from school, finished my homework as fast as I could, after I was done I left the house.

Meeting up with Taehyung and Jimin at the playground, we played for a little until it almost turned seven o'clock, kids started leaving back home.

Us three stayed so we could finally play murder, it was more fun in the night than day because we can be able to hide easier.

Taehyung was the murderer, he turned around and began counting down, me and Jimin both hid somewhere.

I saw Jimin heading towards the slides, I shook my head lightly, knowing it was the most easiest spot to get caught.

I ran towards the tubes, crawling my way inside and crawled in deep so I wouldn't get caught easier.

"I'm gonna get you guys!"Taehyung called out, confident enough he'll find us both, I laughed quietly, waiting to see who wins.

Taehyung's Pov

I looked around the area, trying to spot Jungkook and Jimin.

It's really hard to find them here...

I then saw something moving by the slide area, I chuckled quietly.

Found you.

I walked over to the slides quietly, making sure I didn't give away my position.

"Found you!"I yelled in victory, only for my mood to drop suddenly, my legs trembled and my eyes widened at the sight. "J-Jimin hyung...?"

I backed away, only for my back to hit something hard in the back, I was about to scream out to Jungkook but my mouth was covered.

Jungkook's Pov

I looked out from the small window in the tubes, seeing it was turning darker each second, I felt slight shiver hit my bones.

After awhile I sighed, basically doing the same thing kids would do when they get bored.

"I give up!"I called out. "I'm done playing"

I then heard squeaky noises coming from the end of the tube, I felt scared.

Something wasn't right.

Taehyung would call out a congrats for being last to be found since I always won before, or he would be scared that they couldn't find me after a long time of the game, I got admit I was a very good and slick seeker.

"Hey, come out, it's already dark out"a man called out, a dark tone in his voice, he was trying to sound reassuring so I would come out but I stayed in place.

At a distance, I saw a man, seeing a large man, I couldn't see his face very well but I could make out his hair was brown, he had broad shoulders, wearing a checkered shirt that was black and red.

I saw him smiling gently at me.

"Come here kid, I want to talk"the man said, the man began crawling forward towards me, I crawled back in fear. "I won't hurt you, I just want to talk"

I turned around and crawled away with all my speed, I heard shuffling in back of me, the man was catching up, I made so many twist and turns I was lost myself.

I crawled over to another tube, laying flat in my stomach, making sure to not be noticed, luckily for me it was night so the guy can't really see me well.

I heard a distant shuffle, I closed my eyes tight, hoping I wouldn't get caught, after four minutes that felt like forever, I heard the guy curse to himself and the shuffling moved away.

I looked up at the small window, seeing a color of blue and red, I heard distant noises, I began to crawl out to the sound, hoping anyone would save me, I crawled out, seeing I was at the other side of the tube, I turned my head, seeing the cop cars were by the entrance.

I turned my head at the sound of the broken twig, I saw the guy was smiling at me, my eyes widened, I got up and ran towards the police cars, the guy running after me.

"Mommy! Daddy!"I yelled in worried and fright, someone flashed a light on me as I ran towards my parents, hugging them tight as tears fell down, they hugged back.

I turned back to the playground, seeing the man was hiding in the dark, staring at me with a huge smile on his face, he walked away into darkness.

Few days had passed ever since of that horror, Taehyung and Jimin were taken that day, the police men did a search party for them, only to find their bodies in an abandoned shack, they were massacred...

Jimin's skull was bashed along with a broken spine, Taehyung's lips were cut up to his eyes, knife stabbed in his chest, on their backs was deep and long cuts, after finding out what happened to them, I felt unsafe, I felt helpless, I couldn't saved them.

After that, no kids was allowed to go to the playground, knowing that murderer is running around, waiting for his next victim, I always pass by the playground, leaving flowers for both Taehyung and Jimin, I blamed myself for not helping them, not telling them to not play late at night, anything to stop all this.

I looked back at the tubes, all this time that I thought it was wet mud, when I got closer to see, it was both Taehyung's and Jimin's blood...

After that psychopath murdered two of my best friends...seeing me in that tube, defenseless...he...smiled...he just smiled...

He...he ruined that game...

I can still see his smile when I look at the tubes from the way I'm walking home, that smile...that smile looking like he regretted nothing...I stopped liking the tubes, it was now my worst nightmare.

That playground was heaven to children, ever since that day...it became a...

Hell's Playground