My Mate is Married - Chapter 3

Miles pictured above ⬆️

Seneca's POV

I had started to clean the shelves at Joann's when my manager Carrie walked in and saw me.

"What are you still doing here Seneca" she said

"Oh I had offered to stay late to clean some shelves tonight." I said finally realizing how tired I was as it was nearing 8 o'clock.

"Go home Seneca- you look so tired I'll finish up here for tonight."

"Are you sure ?" I asked even though I was already dying to get out of that store

"Yes go !" Carrie said

I grabbed my stuff and headed out the door excited that I could maybe spend some time with Miles tonight. He was trying and I needed to too.

I had already asked my mom if she could watch Maybelle until 10 so I decided to grab some ice cream and surprise Miles with some alone time.

I pulled into the driveway and was surprised to see that the lights were all off in the house aside from our bedroom.

It was slightly odd because Miles always hung out in the living room and watched tv. Sometimes (mostly) he would even fall asleep down there and we'd sleep apart.

A good feeling overcame me as I realized that he must be waiting for me in the bedroom so that we could be together tonight. Maybe we really were working things out.

I walked in the door quietly wanting to surprise him with the ice cream.

I walked slowly up the stairs and heard some noises coming from the bedroom that I assumed were a show on tv.

I got to the door and threw the door open.
My heart stopped as my ice cream hit the floor.

There was Miles in OUR bed with another woman.
They were both getting pretty heated and failed to notice me until they heard the ice cream fall.

Miles looked up at me and our eyes met.
I opened my mouth but no words came out.

He threw the girl to the side and tried to jump towards me. I leaped back and ran out of the room with him running right behind me.

"Seneca ! Seneca! Please stop let me explain.... please!" He shouted as he chased me.

I reached the front door and turned to face him.
I lifted my hand and slapped him straight across the face as tears poured down my cheeks.

"You cheated on me! I can't .... I can't even look at you. I thought we were working together to change us - to fix us .......but now it's too late you ruined everything !"

"Seneca we can still fix this please!" Miles slowly reached to wipe a tear from my cheek but I quickly pushed his hand away.

I turned to walk off the porch but not before saying one more thing..... " be gone by the time I get back - me and Maybelle are better off without you!"

Tears were pouring by this point and I couldn't even think straight. I just knew I had to get away from him right now.

I reached for my keys and realized I must have dropped them inside along with the ice cream. So I did the only other thing I could do and started running down our street as fast as I could.

I headed down our road as Miles pleaded with me from the porch.

I kept running and continued running through the dark, rainy streets until exhaustion consumed me. I fell to the the ground sobbing, my thoughts clouded in my head.

Suddenly I was pulled from my daze as I felt a warm hand on my shoulder.

I turned to see Ace his eyes no longer green but a dark black.

"Ace your eyes they're .....they're...." I stuttered

"You need to come with me right now" he said in a low growl

"What are you talking about Ace..... I can't I need to get home I'm sorry I can't go anywhere with you."

I knew I had to pick my adult self up and get to Maybelle - seeing her would at least make me feel better.

"There's no way you're going back there" he was now yelling in a tone like I heard at the restaurant and I'd be lying if it didn't scare me a bit.

I leaned slightly away from him and cowered my head "look Ace I've had a really rough night I ....."
But my sentence was cut short as a rag was thrown over my mouth.

I tried to scream but the rag muffled my cries for help.

"Shhh it's okay .... Relax I'll take care of you Seneca" Ace whispered in my ear as I struggled to get out of his grasp.

But it was no use Black started to take over my vision.

Just before I passed out I looked up and saw Ace looking right into my eyes.